Flowers for Howard Kendall

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyGray

Collector
Sorry if already posted, but I thought we could try and do a fundraiser for some flowers for Howards funeral - if we get enough we could do a donation in his name to the former players foundation as well.

I'm too old to know how this works, but I know you can set up an account online where people can donate. If someone would do it I'd put in the first donation.

RIP Howard.

Great idea, it could be from all of the posters/members here at the @GrandOldTeam forum. Maybe a crowdfunding website could be used for donations to get some decent flowers and a message, and maybe the rest of the money if left over could go to the Everton Former Players Foundation. What do you think?

If we're doing it as a GOT effort maybe the site owner can provide a payment/collection solution?

Maybe we should offer the family to donate to a charity of their choice? Just thought The Former Players Foundation would be very suitable

Really nice idea - I'd be inclined to suggest holding fire for the time being and waiting on plans being announced.

Perhaps a GOT initiative could be towards a lasting tribute? Whether that's a statue, Park End rename or something else?
I said last year that the very least the club could do was commission a statue for our 'holy trinity' of ball, Harvey and Kendall. Sadly another one of those icons has been taken from us and I'm not sure how Colin Harvey would feel if a statue was commissioned with his two teammates no longer with us. As has already been discussed, we could possibly name a stand after Howard. But maybe the club is waiting for a new ground move, before naming stands after former icons of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.