Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a fun match to watch, but I wish there weren't so many subs...would have liked the 1st half lineup to remain for the 2nd. (I get Benitez is testing out players, but it was like watching two different teams for 45 minutes each--because it was!).

But I was still thrilled to see my two favorite teams go at it. Never thought I'd see that...

IMG_7172.jpg

It was a slow match overall and I didn't expect differently because of the temperature and humidity. A week is not enough to get adjusted to it, it's just not. I've been here over 10 years and I'm still not 100% adjusted! Now, I'm slow and all, but not that slow lol

Pity I couldn't make it over, but I hope everyone who had a chance to go had a blast!

It was a slow match overall and I didn't expect differently because of the temperature and humidity. A week is not enough to get adjusted to it, it's just not. I've been here over 10 years and I'm still not 100% adjusted! Now, I'm slow and all, but not that slow lol

Pity I couldn't make it over, but I hope everyone who had a chance to go had a blast!
I had a blast but it has only increased my desire to make it to Goodison and now with new ticket system I wonder if I would ever have the opportunity to make it :(

I can attest that it was super hot and humid. At the time the match began on Sunday the sun was so intense that I was soaking wet with sweat just by seating there, yesterday was the same weather. I can’t even imagine how hot the players must have felt running around all over the field. It is debilitating on the body to deal with such extreme weather conditions so it is not surprising the lads were slow.

I had a blast but it has only increased my desire to make it to Goodison and now with new ticket system I wonder if I would ever have the opportunity to make it :(

I can attest that it was super hot and humid. At the time the match began on Sunday the sun was so intense that I was soaking wet with sweat just by seating there, yesterday was the same weather. I can’t even imagine how hot the players must have felt running around all over the field. It is debilitating on the body to deal with such extreme weather conditions so it is not surprising the lads were slow.
Sounds like similar weather to when Everton came to DC in 2011. Oppressively hot. Was around 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day.
Nice point was a shirtless Baines went into the stands and walked right past us. That was the highlight for my wife and, I think, the last Everton game she watched

I've only been once and will definitely go back again. It was in February and on the chilly side, but coming down from Norway that wasn't much of an issue :). The train trip from London was a hoot as we ended up sitting amidst a bunch of heavily intoxicated (but friendly) Norwich fans and had many laughs both at and with them. Good lads they were, even if their noise level freaked my kids out a little.

I'm not sure how this new ticket system works but I sure hope it's still possible to get tickets through the various supporter branches, like it was back then.

Next year is our goal to make it happen. We hope by then we are in a better place regarding covid as our dream is to do a road trip around Europe for 4-5 weeks.

Sounds magic. More than happy to stand you and Mr Sass a pint (thats a beer), in a pretty English village pub just south of Bristol.

I've only been once and will definitely go back again. It was in February and on the chilly side, but coming down from Norway that wasn't much of an issue :). The train trip from London was a hoot as we ended up sitting amidst a bunch of heavily intoxicated (but friendly) Norwich fans and had many laughs both at and with them. Good lads they were, even if their noise level freaked my kids out a little.

I'm not sure how this new ticket system works but I sure hope it's still possible to get tickets through the various supporter branches, like it was back then.
Florida in the winter is very nice but we always end up there mostly in the summer and it doesn’t bother me as much because being Colombian I am used to the hot weather but you being from Norway it was probably best that you didn’t make it this July.

I was reading earlier a thread saying that under the new system things may be harder for people that are not ticket holders but im encourage to hear what other have posted here about still being possible to get tickets.

I think it'll be easier. Also, if you were ever over in the UK someone on here will give you their ticket to use. Mine would most likely be available.
I really hope so, I would be so very grateful. I was reading on the match ticket thread that tickets becoming digital may make it harder to transfer or sell tickets and that got me totally deflated.

Sounds like similar weather to when Everton came to DC in 2011. Oppressively hot. Was around 100 degrees Fahrenheit that day.
Nice point was a shirtless Baines went into the stands and walked right past us. That was the highlight for my wife and, I think, the last Everton game she watched
Oppressively hot seems like the right term for Florida too. If that was your wife’s first Everton experience no wonder she got traumatized. Did Everton win or lose that time?

Looking at some team and league comparisons, Pumas are rated similar to Wycombe, Birmingham, Hull, Peterborough (and Standard Liege). Of course you would think they would also have a fitness advantage, given that their season has started.
The highest rated Mexican teams would be on a par with the teams that made the Championship playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.