Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I know it's a mickey mouse cup (almost literally) and just a hyped up friendly but it's nice to see some effort, even if the fitness was off, and some pace from the young ones, and some more clinical work in the 2nd half. It wasn't very Everton, That, to win the shoot out.

One thing which is bothering me, is the photo-op at the end with the cup. Yes yes I know I know...but just would have been smart and professional for them to all be in the same gear and it would have looked more slick than different training, official tops, some shirtless, some not even smiling, I suppose they're all learning how to win stuff and get photos done - must have been really hyped and showbiz which none of our squad apart from James are used to. And they somehow manage to get the official photo without James?!!

Hellooo? Biggest player in Columbia!?? Shirt sales? new fans for Everton? Tim Howard photo?!!

Clever marketing guys!! lol

1627312529785.png

I’m absolutely made up with the brave lionhearts ‘bringing home the bacon’...make no bones about it; come season’s end, winning this silverware will be seen as nothing short of miraculous!

NSNO

If Everton haven't literally watched every interview and seen every fan say

"Tim Howard and Landon Donovan", and realise that they wasted literally 10 years not visiting America, and had a lightbulb moment, that we've still got a big fan base in the US, and aren't already planning further trips (plus S.America - if we keep James), then I truly give up.

DBB came to meet with NYC Evertonians at Turnmill* when she was in town to meet with Meis for the stadium a couple of years ago. She came to the pub right from the airport, bought a round for the folks there - maybe 40 Blues? She was asking everyone how they came to be Blues and what was important to them in their support of the club. I got to chat with her for a few minutes.

She proactively sought out the supporters' club when she didn't have to, showed up, bought a round, asked a lot of questions, listened to what folks had to say.

On that evidence, and that they finally came here, I think they get it. I presume that Florida was chosen for the Colombian audience and the James tie-in, which was smart.

*Turnmill is the NYC Everton bar. They do a great job for the games, it's fun to show up at 7am on a Saturday and start on your first pint with dozens of Blues. There are usually quite a few scousers there, either expats or folks touring NYC. If you're visiting and there's a match on the calendar, make sure to go.

Just watching the game again, Allan is a bit of a lunatic, very indisciplined at times at holding his position and seems flat footed, I know it's only preseason and fitness is an issue but I think JPG really pushes him for starting place.

Reactions: Ivo
For most of our players, and certainly for younger Everton supporters (i.e under 26) that is the biggest and greatest trophy win they will ever experience. Massive day in the club’s history. This game should be immediately put out on DVD for us all to savour!
Terrific game, bursting with goals and quality as two giants of the modern game went toe-to-toe, neither giving any quarter. A classic? ...yes, yesI think it can be thus classified. The high point of the season? ...very likely...and hence why it is important to savour the moment; to play all its magical moments again either on the imminent DVD or just in one’s memory, (where the occasion is etched indelibly)
I never thought I would ever see our giant club ever lift a trophy ever again...I am just so rapturous. The mountain has been climbed... and I can now meet my maker, a fulfilled soul.

Well in Everton!!!!

NSNO

I know I know it's a mickey mouse cup (almost literally) and just a hyped up friendly but it's nice to see some effort, even if the fitness was off, and some pace from the young ones, and some more clinical work in the 2nd half. It wasn't very Everton, That, to win the shoot out.

One thing which is bothering me, is the photo-op at the end with the cup. Yes yes I know I know...but just would have been smart and professional for them to all be in the same gear and it would have looked more slick than different training, official tops, some shirtless, some not even smiling, I suppose they're all learning how to win stuff and get photos done - must have been really hyped and showbiz which none of our squad apart from James are used to. And they somehow manage to get the official photo without James?!!

Hellooo? Biggest player in Columbia!?? Shirt sales? new fans for Everton? Tim Howard photo?!!

View attachment 134355
Am I missing something here? Where was James when this was taken?

View attachment 134355
Gordon look like a whitewalker from game of thrones

white-walkers-640x359.jpg

View attachment 134355
Mate, pretending this "trophy" is something meaningful would only show small club mentality and prove FSW was right 14 years ago. There's no need for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.