fixtures 20/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway its better to have fans for the more winnable games, the moaning about empty ground for certain fixtures is just a reason to moan.
Chelsea, Arsenal and City in December, might be back in by then but if not, I'm sure the Park End screaming abuse at Pickford and Keane wouldnt of helped anyway.
The fixtures are fine, all games are hard for Everton

Anyway its better to have fans for the more winnable games, the moaning about empty ground for certain fixtures is just a reason to moan.
Chelsea, Arsenal and City in December, might be back in by then but if not, I'm sure the Park End screaming abuse at Pickford and Keane wouldnt of helped anyway.
The fixtures are fine, all games are hard for Everton

Do you not think that we have a better chance of a result in a packed goodison tho?

All games are hard for us yes, which is why a bit of help from the fans against the better sides wouldnt go a miss.

Granted I cant really remember the last time the Goodison Roar inspired us to victory, but it has definitely contributed in the past

Just out of interest, if Spurs had to play City, Liverpool, United, Arsenal and Chelsea at home behind closed doors. Then play the reverse fixtures against the same teams in front of packed home crowds, would you not consider that worthy of a moan?

To be honest no I wouldn't cos it is the way it is.
Cos of no fans being allowed into stadiums I don't care about the fixture list and only know our first 2 games of the season.
We normally play Arsenal at home around October there is a possibility that again, just like the season just gone we will be playing them without the advantage of a home crowd, (not that it mattered cos we still beat them.)
A few people on here seem to moan for the sake of moaning but other than that it's a good forum.

Do you not think that we have a better chance of a result in a packed goodison tho?

All games are hard for us yes, which is why a bit of help from the fans against the better sides wouldnt go a miss.

Granted I cant really remember the last time the Goodison Roar inspired us to victory, but it has definitely contributed in the past

Yeah but its better to have that advantage against poor teams to help ensure we see them off, we could get it against top teams but lose anyway, especially at the moment, the gap is bigger then it's been for ages.

To be honest no I wouldn't cos it is the way it is.
Cos of no fans being allowed into stadiums I don't care about the fixture list and only know our first 2 games of the season.
We normally play Arsenal at home around October there is a possibility that again, just like the season just gone we will be playing them without the advantage of a home crowd, (not that it mattered cos we still beat them.)
A few people on here seem to moan for the sake of moaning but other than that it's a good forum.

To be honest mate I'm sick of you chirping on about Spurs in Everton threads.

Fans should care about whether they can attend the Merseyside Derby - that's not moaning for moanings sake.

So you use question marks in literally every sentence you write, EXCEPT for when you write questions? o_O

So you chose to ignore that I proved you wrong that I did ask a question and to deflect that fact, you picked me up on my grammar.
Top Man ;)

Are they not?? Dunno what Cat A is, thought it was just 'top' teams? I guess it must be to do with tickets? (Sorry, I'm a dirty southerner who doesn't 'go the game'!)

Haha. Games are priced according to category.

Coincidentally, season tickets will be refunded pro-rata...

It's just a shame, in my opinion, that most games missed will be the bigger/Cat A games given they're all within 2020.

I don't think you'd ever find a season in recent history when we've started with an away game, had a boxing day away and concluded a season away, with all Cat A games within the first three months.

To be honest mate I'm sick of you chirping on about Spurs in Everton threads.

Fans should care about whether they can attend the Merseyside Derby - that's not moaning for moanings sake.

I didn't mention Spurs in this thread and only replied about Spurs when I was asked the question about Spurs having "X fixture list."
I didn't want to be rude and ignore the question asked.

Edit; Just checked, Spurs have Arsenal at home on 5th of December and even if there is supporters back by then, there is a fair chance it will be at a reduced capacity and I will miss out.
No moaning from me, it is the way it is.

I didn't mention Spurs in this thread and only replied about Spurs when I was asked the question about Spurs having "X fixture list."
I didn't want to be rude and ignore the question asked.

You're posting about Spurs...

"We normally play Arsenal at home around October there is a possibility that again, just like the season just gone we will be playing them without the advantage of a home crowd, (not that it mattered cos we still beat them.)"

And "Not that it mattered" As a season ticket holder, it matters to me what games I can and can't go to.

The smug "Fixture lists dont matter, you play everyone twice" etc goes out the window when it dictates games that fans can attend.

You're posting about Spurs...

And "Not that it mattered" As a season ticket holder, it matters to me what games I can and can't go to.

The smug "Fixture lists dont matter, you play everyone twice" etc goes out the window when it dictates games that fans can attend.

I only posted about Spurs when asked by an Evertonians about Spurs but fair enough about the fixture list, we all have different views on things we find important in life.
For me, considering the horrible things that are happening in the world, I don't find missing out (yet again) at home to Arsenal is that big of a deal.

From now on I will now ignore any more questions asked to me about Spurs ;)

I think people seem to forget we’ve been rancid away from home for 2-3 seasons, having the “big” teams away means we should be able to have a boss little run in the league at home.

I only posted about Spurs when asked by an Evertonians about Spurs but fair enough about the fixture list, we all have different views on things we find important in life.
For me, considering the horrible things that are happening in the world, I don't find missing out (yet again) at home to Arsenal is that big of a deal.

Sneering and patronising fans who care, as a neutral/opposition fan isn't going to go down well.

You're not alone, a lot of Everton fans have done likewise.

I think some have failed to adjust from their annual "fixture lists dont matter" view.

In my opinion, this fixture list is the most important fixture list since I've supported Everton, because as I mentioned, it dictates what games this season I'll be allowed to watch.

Some fans dont care about going the game, others don't go, others clearly dont think it matters one jot whether fans are in the stadium. I think it does, I think fans make a difference and if we beat Liverpool with no fans, it matters a lot less IMO to one with a packed Goodison Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.