Fixture List 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports
1h
Merry Christmas, Everton.
64370613_10157353613013762_3270604049577148416_o.jpg

We only got 10 points out of those teams at the end of the season

Villa are losing Tampax and Mings (there's a ready made joke there) and will struggle to replace them.
Norwich score goals but concede lots and havent got a pot to urinate in
Sheffield have 33 yr old Billy sharp up front
Brighton will struggle
West Ham are crap and will sign more crap.
Wolves have europa
Palace could lose Zaha and Wan Bissaka

Brighton will be decent next year - vault me.

Does anybody apart from me think there aren't going to be many easy fixtures next season.? We lost the 3 really poor teams from the league last season. Villa will bring in crowds of 40k+ each match and are still a big enough name to attract some decent players. And Norwich have a decent young team and I think could do OK. Only Sheffield United have a question mark over them.

Of the other teams, Wolves, Watford, West Ham, Leicester, Palace, Southampton, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Burnley are all very capable. Brighton I think will struggle and are my early favourites to go down with Sheffield and A N Other.

I expect City and the RS to stand out again next season, but I wouldn't be surprised if we, along with teams like Wolves, Leicester, Watford are West Ham all close the gap on the rest of the top 6.

Compared to a couple of years ago when we finished 8th under Fat Sam, I think the quality of the premier is much improved. I put that down to young European managers coming in and the likes of managers like Allardyce, Hughes, Moyes, Pardew and Pulis being punted out.
United and Arsenal are both a huge mess Chelsea just lost their best player and won't be able to replace him due to their transfer ban, that's 3 of the sky 6 who I can see not finishing top 6, 4th is up for grabs this season and in my opinion that should be our aim this season, get into to the bloody champions league.

Is that now three seasons in a row we've been shafted by a consecutive run of games against the top teams? I'm definitely going to check how many times this has happened in history; it feels like a low probability event.

Tbf, the top 6 and us take up over a third of the league, so that does make the probability fairly high. I'm sure a few teams go through it.

United and Arsenal are both a huge mess Chelsea just lost their best player and won't be able to replace him due to their transfer ban, that's 3 of the sky 6 who I can see not finishing top 6, 4th is up for grabs this season and in my opinion that should be our aim this season, get into to the bloody champions league.

It's annoying, because I say things like this and you get a team like arsenal being crud but with two of the best strikers in the league, they always have enough to beat half of the league and that's nearly 60 points right there. Chelsea are never poor, even in a bad season they still pick up trophies and still have a lot of good players, they'll get a good manager in no doubt. But we have to do it ourselves, not rely on them to be poor tbh.

I must say I'd be absolutely shocked if all 3 of those teams finished outside the top 6. But I agree that 4th is up for grabs if we could have a really good season. Emulate our form from March onwards and it could be on. We'd need to capture Gomes, replace Zouma, and bring in a goal scoring striker, plus have a bit of luck on the injury front, but it is possible.

It's annoying, because I say things like this and you get a team like arsenal being crud but with two of the best strikers in the league, they always have enough to beat half of the league and that's nearly 60 points right there. Chelsea are never poor, even in a bad season they still pick up trophies and still have a lot of good players, they'll get a good manager in no doubt. But we have to do it ourselves, not rely on them to be poor tbh.
On the Arsenal thing you are correct,
As bad as Arsenal are with Lacazette and PEA up front there is goals there and strikers win you games .
Either one of those 2 would instantly make us a much better team

Can’t believe Brutal December™ now includes playing 4 teams that are rubbish and another in transition after losing one of the best players in the world who was 80% of their attacking threat.

Cant wait to start a "Can we go unbeaten this month" type thread, then get the blame when we lose them all!!

Status
Not open for further replies.