Fitness levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Hucker

Player Valuation: £30m
Watching the game last night, what really stood out was the incredible fitness levels. Right up to the final whistle, the sharpness off the mark & the sprints were just relentless.
Like the German national team, they always seem to have an edge.
Juicing???
They will certainly be right on the limit of what’s legal.
They must have the best of everything needed to field a team at peak fitness, both mentally & physically.

........Everton on the other hand look like fitness conditioning consists of 5 nights a week in the Winslow with Big Dunc & John Bailey, followed by the chippy.

Think there is two parts of this, 1) our team hasn't been fit since Moyes left imo... we went from being extremely well drilled and one of the fittest teams in the premier, to looking like half the squad are running in quick sand 2) Ancelotti and Italian managers in general are a lot less in love with the fullon press other managers look to employ.

I do think we will have a generally fitter team, but I don't expect to see geggenpress anytime soon

Our injury record is abysmal, most of our players don’t care, most of them are too slow to press effectively anyway, and I do wonder about the quality of the coaches below the immediate management team at Finch Farm .

Probably a combination of all of these as to why we can’t press like PSG and Bayern were last night.

Watching the game last night, what really stood out was the incredible fitness levels. Right up to the final whistle, the sharpness off the mark & the sprints were just relentless.
Like the German national team, they always seem to have an edge.
Juicing???
They will certainly be right on the limit of what’s legal.
They must have the best of everything needed to field a team at peak fitness, both mentally & physically.

........Everton on the other hand look like fitness conditioning consists of 5 nights a week in the Winslow with Big Dunc & John Bailey, followed by the chippy.

We look so slow off the ball in the premier. Saying it for years. We never press. The odd individual here and there does but if you look at liverpool or city they press like hyenas and make us look lazy and disinterested.

We look so slow off the ball in the premier. Saying it for years. We never press. The odd individual here and there does but if you look at liverpool or city they press like hyenas and make us look lazy and disinterested.

Exactly. Absolutely no excuse for poor fitness levels.

And this is something that isn’t restricted to transfer windows. Fitness coaches, nutritionists, physios can be brought in any time.
Our current setup needs booting out. Get some professionals in.

I looked at the Seville forward run tirelessly the other night. He was like a man possessed. I have not seen even a close example of one our players over last 5 years putting in anything like that effort. It was like 2 different worlds between our work rate and theirs.

I look at our neighbours and must admit admire their work rate off the ball. Pressing and making runs at a huge intensity. And also their ability to work to get the ball back as a pack not individually like us. You see rickie run 100% to get the ball back but he is on his own and it's a wasted effort.

Having slow players with no physical strength and bite in center positions does not help. Siggy, davis, (last year morgan) etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.