First team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodebaard

Player Valuation: £1m
Was just curious to hear from others who would make your starting 11 and in which position, assuming everyone was fit (well, not Gbamin, but everyone else). I know it depends on who we are playing etc., but anyway, just a thought experiment. Sorry if I've missed another thread that covers this.

Personally, I really think we are struggling for width at the moment, and with Richie and DCL we need people to put in crosses, or at least provide the option of doing that. Those two are obvious starters, as are James, Allan and Doucs. Digne and Godfrey also in, as is Pickford. I'd have one of Keane or Mina. That leaves 2 more and then the formation. I'm struggling a bit now. Might go Coleman just so that he can provide the same kind of width that Digne does on the left, so that would be a back 4. He'd also overlap James on the right and might be able to get up and down (might be thinking of vintage Coleman here, though). If we go 442, then need to find someone on the left. I suppose Sigurdson, with Digne overlapping might work. I also think plays better when James is playing (someone to pass to). But him and James on the flanks would make us narrow and Digne and Coleman might be stuck defending as they would get no cover. Hmm.

Alternative would be 433, with maybe King on the right and Richie on the left of the front three. Too narrow though and I see the midfield being overrun.

Probably would go for my 442, with someone or other playing left. Any other suggestions? Who would play left mid at the moment, in a fully fit team?

4-3-3
Pickford
Godfrey Keane Holgate Digne
Doucoure Allan Davies
James Calvert-Lewin Richarlison

Olsen Coleman Mina Nkounkou Gomes Sigurdsson Iwobi Bernard King

I'd play Godfrey at right back as he is quicker than Holgate and his crossing can't be any worse. If we ever got a decent right back Godfrey would move into centre and Holgate would take Coleman place on the bench. Gbamin fit he would take Nkounkou place on bench. Delph can help Besic collecting cones. Gordon comes back and he takes Iwobi or Bernard bench place.

Status
Not open for further replies.