First Team Depth Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrick

Awesome, lid.
This summer's international fun is winding to a close. The preseason schedule has been released. And it's the most exciting Everton transfer window in recent memory

We're still waiting on a potential Director of Football, so transfer speculation is even more pointless than normal, but we can still figure out what we have in the squad to better predict who's coming in. So, presenting...

The 2016/2017 Everton Depth Chart

Likely starting XI in bold, out-of-position possibilities in italics.

Couple of disclaimer: I'm basing this off of a mix of Martinez's squad selections and a mix of personal opinion. Who knows what Koeman will do exactly. Like I'm hoping and praying the Kone and Cleverly as wingers experiment will be put to bed. Or that there are a lot of academy players out there that may or may not go out on loan or even get a first team squad number.

Basically, I'm making some assumptions, bear with me.

Keeper
Robles

Right Back
Coleman

Stones
Browning

Left Back
Baines

Galloway
Oviedo
Garbutt
Barry
Lennon

Centre Back
Jagielka
Stones

Funes Mori
Galloway
Browning
Barry

Defensive Midfielder
Barry
McCarthy

Besic
Cleverly
Gibson

Right Midfielder
Deulofeu

Mirallas
Lennon
McGeady

Attacking Midfielder
Barkley

Cleverly
Mirallas
Gibson

Left Midfielder
Lennon

Mirallas
McGeady
Oviedo

Centre Forward

Lukaku

Kone
Niasse
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Rodriguez
McAleny

Seems to me that we're in need of a keeper and right back. There's some definite dead wood to clear out for strikers. Possibly some centrebacks as well, we'll have to see how far Browning and Galloway have progressed.

DISCUSS!

Stanek has left and you may as well not include Kone, McAleny, Rodriquez, Niasse and McGeady in the list.

This summer's international fun is winding to a close. The preseason schedule has been released. And it's the most exciting Everton transfer window in recent memory

We're still waiting on a potential Director of Football, so transfer speculation is even more pointless than normal, but we can still figure out what we have in the squad to better predict who's coming in. So, presenting...

The 2016/2017 Everton Depth Chart

Likely starting XI in bold, out-of-position possibilities in italics.

Couple of disclaimer: I'm basing this off of a mix of Martinez's squad selections and a mix of personal opinion. Who knows what Koeman will do exactly. Like I'm hoping and praying the Kone and Cleverly as wingers experiment will be put to bed. Or that there are a lot of academy players out there that may or may not go out on loan or even get a first team squad number.

Basically, I'm making some assumptions, bear with me.

Keeper
Robles

Stanek

Right Back
Coleman

Stones
Browning

Left Back
Baines

Galloway
Oviedo
Garbutt
Barry
Lennon

Centre Back
Jagielka
Stones

Funes Mori
Galloway
Browning
Barry

Defensive Midfielder
Barry
McCarthy

Besic
Cleverly
Gibson

Right Midfielder
Deulofeu

Mirallas
Lennon
McGeady

Attacking Midfielder
Barkley

Cleverly
Mirallas
Gibson

Left Midfielder
Lennon

Mirallas
McGeady
Oviedo

Centre Forward

Lukaku

Kone
Niasse
Mirallas
Tarashaj
Rodriguez
McAleny

Seems to me that we're in need of a keeper and right back. There's some definite dead wood to clear out for strikers. Possibly some centrebacks as well, we'll have to see how far Browning and Galloway have progressed.

DISCUSS!

Just looking at Koemans former teams and the types of player he likes mate, then would say off the top of my head that of your starting 11 their that Robles, lennon (left wing?) Barry (possibly McCarthy) and one of Stones (most likely getting sold) or Jagielka/Mori won't be in the starying 11 come the start of the season

Robles - just from all the rumorus and what Koeman said, doesn't look like he sees him as the number 1 and will bring in a starter ahead of him

Lennon is no left winger - looks useless anywhere besides on the right, only option we realistically have for starting their is Mirallas, but in all likelihood we will either buy someone whose comfortable playing their or experiment through pre season with options

Barry - just as un Koeman a centre mid as you can imagine really, especially with mccarthy not being exactly a nailed on choice either, will be more surprised if they both start the season than neither starting, Koemans teams always seem to have a big powerful centre mid in them, and we don't have anyone capable of that and will buy 100% to fill that role

at CB - seems that Koeman likes a big aerially dominant cb a sone of the 2/3 he plays their, we don't have one and unles she can turn mori into that - then we will gos hopping when stones leaves

Goalkeeper and Right Back we are one short. Left Wing we need to bring 2 in to replace Kone and Pienaar. Left Back we need to sell one of them. Right Wing we need to move McGeady and either Lennon or Mirallas on. Centre Midfield we need a new player and move 2 of the 5 we currently have out. Number 10 McAleny out genuine competition for Ross in. Striker 1 in to replace Niasse a 2nd if Lukaku leaves. Any other player who leaves needs replaced.

Good post mate.

I think the only comment I would make is regarding something that has already been picked up on; your use of Lennon on the left hand side!

Right Winger or emergency Right Back. That is the sum of his positional flexibility in my opinion!

Looking at your bolded players whilst taking into account my Lennon comments, this is our starting eleven:

GK: Joel
RB: Coleman
LB: Baines
CB: Stones
CB: Jagielka
CM: McCarthy
CM: Barry
AM: Barkley
RW: Deulofeu
LW: Mirallas
CF: Lukaku

That is not a bad starting eleven at all.

Obviously we will make signings, but that is a decent base to work from for Koeman.

Status
Not open for further replies.