First match memories...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Ray

Player Valuation: £20m
I've been around quite awhile now and one or two on here have been around a lot longer, even going to games before I was born. That takes some beating lol. This could be a repeat thread for all I know but I havent seen it before so here goes. What was the very first game you went to, what was the result and can you remember who played. My dear old dad (a true blue if ever there was one) took me to my first game when I was 11. It was Sheffield Utd at home 1970/71 the year after we won the league title. I remember Alan Ball, Brian Labone and Gordon West were on the pitch. Sheffield scored late on and beat us 0-1. Even though we got beat this was the game that got me hooked. It was Everton forever after that. ;)

i was 4 and it was against charlton athletic. the year was '87!!! dad wasn't best pleased that day. he used to work with disabled kids in fazakerley. every week they'd get free tickets to games. my dads a red and the usual bluenose carer couldn't make this game so me dad was drafted in to take them. the fella that dropped out had a disabled son he used to take and as i said they couldn't go. spare ticket, i begged to go, wish granted. can't remember much apart from we won 2-0 and steven and stevens scored. dad had to buy me a kit the next week. i've been devoted to the cause ever since.
so i have actually seen the best team in our history but i can't remember that much about it. still got the programme though

Home to Man U c 1975 sitting near the back left of the upper Gladwys.
Stuart Pearson put them ahead with a dazzling overhead kick. Latchford equalized running in a cross from the left (Dave Thomas?).
Part way through the second half the floodlights failed and we sat in the dark for 10 mins sniggering at Billy Butler's jokes about George Best who was rumoured to be about to make a comeback.
"If you're in the crowd George, make yourself known to a steward and we'll continue the game by the light of your teeth."
Other memories: the bloke in the seat next to mine stinking of beer and swearing continuously while clasping a lad of about four to his chest, their fans in the Park End all raising their scarves in unison - couldn't what ours were doing below.
And above all, not wanting it to end..

5th February 1972

FA Cup 4th Round

Everton 2 Walsall 1

The only thing I remember is the roar as the Blues came out - 600 odd games later I still get the same goose-pimples whenever the Blus step on a pitch

1986 Charity Shield at Wembley. Played the [Poor language removed] and IIRC we shared the Shield 1-1

the gary lineker season. i was in the upper gwladys, front row, and my only memory is the big man (lineker, my hero at the time) scoring- right in the corner. and i had a whole bag of everton mints to work through!

the gary lineker season. i was in the upper gwladys, front row, and my only memory is the big man (lineker, my hero at the time) scoring- right in the corner. and i had a whole bag of everton mints to work through!
didnt realise you where that young dose your mum know where you arelollol

Status
Not open for further replies.