First goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brett Angell Delight

Player Valuation: £50m
Some eye-opening stats regarding our results when scoring, or conceding first. I highly doubt there are any surprises here for anyone, but it highlights that we:

a) Deserve a pat on the back for our increased ability to see games out
b) Need to respond 1,000,000 better when we go behind

The only team that is getting a lot of points after falling behind is United. Everyone else loses a lot more often than they win after falling behind.

In our specific case, we have an unfortunate tendency to concede a second before scoring after opening up to chase the game.

The only team that is getting a lot of points after falling behind is United. Everyone else loses a lot more often than they win after falling behind.

In our specific case, we have an unfortunate tendency to concede a second before scoring after opening up to chase the game.
I think our current crop of players (given James lack of availability) is limited to being solid and trying to nick a win, a la Moyes.

Because we barely have a plan A, there is absolutely no Plan B when going behind. As I said, no great surprises, just further reinforcement to the argument that we need to build this squad and equip it for more eventualities.

Weak mentality,but also lack of a home crowd has a influence I think at home anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.