First game question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook'Em

Player Valuation: £50k
I’m planning on bringing family over from Texas to attend our first game ever. Planning on going to the game at the Spurs new stadium. Being first timer to any EPL game, will there be a dedicated section of seats where all the Everton fans will be? Or are the visiting fans just seated in various parts of stadium?

Thx in advance

I’m planning on bringing family over from Texas to attend our first game ever. Planning on going to the game at the Spurs new stadium. Being first timer to any EPL game, will there be a dedicated section of seats where all the Everton fans will be? Or are the visiting fans just seated in various parts of stadium?

Thx in advance
yes there's an away section, and yes I suggest you use it. apparently gone are the days when different supporters could mix together. I believe you can find the away tickets section from the official EFC site

We have Leicester or Southampton at home 7 days either side of that fixture, would definitely try to get up for one of those if you can. It’s only a couple of hours from London on the train.

Quite a unique experience on a matchday is Goodison, mate. Z-Cars roaring out, the sirens, the cacophony of boos reverberating around the stadium because Moise hasn’t bagged a hat trick in the 1st 4 minute, followed by the inevitable, hollow, deflating misery as the ref blows up.

Not to be missed!

Won’t feel half as worth it when we stuff Spurs in the Sir Alan SugarBowl.

But yes, there is an away section just for Everton fans. I would strongly advise against sitting in the Spurs end - even if you’re not wearing colours - if you or your family show any pleasure when we go 1-0 up then you can’t always trust people to react in the right way, even if you’re with your family.

In any case, enjoy it mate, i’m sure the family will love it. Let us know how you get on.

But yes, there is an away section just for Everton fans. I would strongly advise against sitting in the Spurs end - even if you’re not wearing colours - if you or your family show any pleasure when we go 1-0 up then you can’t always trust people to react in the right way, even if you’re with your family.
Yeah I honestly didn't know it would be like that, until my mate over there told me to not cheer for Everton and certainly not wear my kit to the match.

He was very, very correct.

Yeah I honestly didn't know it would be like that, until my mate over there told me to not cheer for Everton and certainly not wear my kit to the match.

He was very, very correct.

There are alot of variables. Some games you can get away with it as long as you don’t make a big song and dance (no colours / minimal celebrations).

It does depend on the type of game you’re going to, it also depends how those around you react to events in the game, not just how you do.

Less so recently, but i’ve seen reds sat in the home end at Goodison with their mates and vice versa. It’s one of them, you’ll get stick whatever the result but you can’t really give any back as you’re in their back yard. You just have to smile politely and keep your head down.

I worked at United for years where at least 75% of the matchday stewards are either City or Liverpool fans. It makes for interesting reactions when the game isn’t going the way of the home team, put it that way.

There are alot of variables. Some games you can get away with it as long as you don’t make a big song and dance (no colours / minimal celebrations).

It does depend on the type of game you’re going to, it also depends how those around you react to events in the game, not just how you do.

Less so recently, but i’ve seen reds sat in the home end at Goodison with their mates and vice versa. It’s one of them, you’ll get stick whatever the result but you can’t really give any back as you’re in their back yard. You just have to smile politely and keep your head down.

I worked at United for years where at least 75% of the matchday stewards are either City or Liverpool fans. It makes for interesting reactions when the game isn’t going the way of the home team, put it that way.
oh I'm sure. I basically voiced my "enthusiasm" for closely contested spots. Great save? no problem, I'm cheering the keeper. Big hard tackle? I'm with the home crowd "jeering" lol. Little did they know I was a traitor in the midst!

yes there's an away section, and yes I suggest you use it. apparently gone are the days when different supporters could mix together. I believe you can find the away tickets section from the official EFC site

He'd struggle to get tickets in the away end for a London away surely?

As long as you don't reveal who you're rooting for, you'll be fine in the home sections. Just don't go in the main home end. I've done it many times, and places much more lively than spurs. You'll be fine.

As long as you don't reveal who you're rooting for, you'll be fine in the home sections. Just don't go in the main home end. I've done it many times, and places much more lively than spurs. You'll be fine.
yeah you're probably right. I bought tickets at Stamford in the home section, and even that was probably 2+ months ahead of time. though perhaps since Tottenham Stadium is huge there may be a really large allotment

Plenty of travel companies in the states offer ticket packages to Prem games. Desperate to get them over here. In many ways, they have better access to tickets than we do.

Thx in advance
@Yid4life give him the good word mate

Be warned it will be very hard to get tickets in the Everton section, away games tickets dont come easy and most fans want to see that stadium for themselves still.

Take that into account when you book the trip, if you do go for it watch out for scammers then on the tickets, as in a promise of some then you dont them.

Status
Not open for further replies.