First game at Bramley-Moore

Who should Everton play in the first game at Bramley-Moore?

• Bayern Munich

Votes: 43 29.5%
  • Rapid Wien

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • CD Everton (Chile)

Votes: 41 28.1%
  • Bolton Wanderers

Votes: 25 17.1%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 26 17.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneTrueLegend

Player Valuation: £35m
After seeing the photos and watching the video I'm starting to get excited about the new stadium, so wanted to see who people thought should be our first game at Bramley-Moore?
Given that this will probably be a preseason game I put a few forward that I think would be good or have a meaning for the club;

Bayern Munich - the semi final against them at Goodison is widely regarded as one of the greatest games ever at Goodison Park and they are a true European giant, playing them at any time is a show piece affair

Rapid Wien - a replay of the cup winners cup final would also have great meaning, possibly an easier game as well and one where we could rack up a good score

CD Everton - playing the team from Chile who were founded after Everton visited Chile over 100 years ago would be a great occasion, in terms of footballing ability I'm not sure of the level they are at, but the stadium would be 100% full of Evertonians

Bolton Wanderers - some may think this is a strange one, but the first game played at Goodison was against Bolton, so there would be a certain sense to this I think

Status
Not open for further replies.