First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Versus Luton Town in a League Cup tie in 1968. Aged 6. Totally star struck by Alan Ball, Royle, Harvey, Kendall and all!
Gwladys Street upper stand. Near the front. Night match. Won 5-1! Can't remember who scored though! But that was me hook line and sinker!
My arl fella did his duty and got me hooked early. Mind you it wasn't difficult as we were a very good side.
I remember that game, and this is true, the outside right for Luton, I think he was an England U23 international was later jailed for five years after being involved in an armed robbery, can’t think of his name.

I remember that game, and this is true, the outside right for Luton, I think he was an England U23 international was later jailed for five years after being involved in an armed robbery, can’t think of his name.
Just looked it up, his name was Graham French, lucky for him I was wrong, he only got three years,oh Stutheblue, it looks like that game was in September not August.

My first and only live Everton goal to see was in 2013 when Jelavic scored against Real Madrid in the International Champions Cup at Dodger Stadium. We lost 2-1, but it was still a good match.

My first and only live Everton goal to see was in 2013 when Jelavic scored against Real Madrid in the International Champions Cup at Dodger Stadium. We lost 2-1, but it was still a good match.
That good old Cup lol,got up to watch that Juventus game in that cup as it was due to be 4am uk ko think it was,and got delayed for about 20 odd mins lol,

Barry Horne against Sheffield Wednesday, giving us a 1-1 result.

Only game I've seen live (I'm a Yank) was New Year's Day against United last year. So never seen a goal live.

Alan Ball at home v Fulham 20 August 1965. 1-0, 21,634 attendance.

I had arrived the previous May.

The thread is First Everton Goal of Your Life but many have posted first goal seven live.

In that case for me it was a friendly against Rovers at Milltown, in summer of 1970. My United supporting brother brought me - I was 5 he was 13. The record shows 4-2 win for Everton Ball, Royle (pen), Whittle 2.

I don't know if I remember it from the time or from seeing it so often later but the first goal to leave a lasting impact on me was Jeff Astle's cup winning strike. There is nothing more Everton than that, the most memorable goal you can think of is one that beat you.

Status
Not open for further replies.