First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I can’t remember. Unfortunately my Dad is not here to ask but I’m pretty sure he took me to see the game before we won the league in 1963 when I was 5.It was Bolton on 4 May and we won 1-0 with Roy Vernon scoring

I seem to have misunderstood the title. I initially went for my 1st match and who first scored on that day.
Now the 1st Everton goal of my life 2 days after birth was the great Dave Hickson in an FA Cup tie against Charlton. We won 4-1 in 1959
Ah so have I misread it
So it’s Jimmy Harris v Man Utd 4 Sept 1957 in 3-3 draw

Litterally the last kick of the game. I was just on my way out and stopped at the top of the steps to watch the corner being taken.
I believe so Kev,I was only five so have no recollection of the game itself,but from what I can gather the ref didn’t make the Greeks kick off and a lot of blues went home wondering if the goal had actually stood!!

Reactions: kev
Oops sorry Eggs misread this!Actual first goal of my life,the golden vision with the first in a 5-2 win v Northampton 21/8/65,I was seven weeks old:)

Colin Harvey at the start of the 71-72 season was first goal of my life..he got two goals in a 2-0 win against Chelsea

First goal I saw live was Peter Eastoe in a 2-0 win against Stoke in 1980!

Apparently mine was scored by Rideout. We played the day of my birthday but of course failed to score so it was when I was a week old instead.

Life - I was 3 days old when John Hurst scored in a 2-2 draw away at Sheff Weds in April 69.
Live - Duncan McKenzie in another 2-2 draw,at home against Birmingham in December 76 (his home debut and mine too, and he scored both our goals).

Status
Not open for further replies.