First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Gillick isn’t a player i’d heard of. Looked him up, Scottish international we bought from Rangers for their then record fee. Nice that his memory is resurrected here.
Gillick seemed to score a few at the end of that season.

A bit of info here

You can find out here-

Mine was from Derek Mayers in a 2-1 win over Sunderland on 22nd Sept 1956. I have to admit to never having heard of Derek Mayers, but he was a local Liverpool lad who scored 7 goals in 18 appearances for the Toffees between 1952-57. Derek died on 15.04.16 aged 81.

View attachment 55988
Was fully expecting this to be an own goal - but no. Being Everton they made it worse, then better.
End of April 66 - entered a 3 game goalless losing streak.

The first goal came 3 weeks after id been born - even then Everton went 2-0 down before Mike Trebilcock scored in the 59th minute. Good old Everton went on to score two further unanswered goals and so won the FA cup, so i forgive them.

The first one I saw in person? An own goal ffs.

Was fully expecting this to be an own goal - but no. Being Everton they made it worse, then better.
End of April 66 - entered a 3 game goalless losing streak.

The first goal came 3 weeks after id been born - even then Everton went 2-0 down before Mike Trebilcock scored in the 59th minute. Good old Everton went on to score two further unanswered goals and so won the FA cup, so i forgive them.

....brilliant.

Beat Notts Forest 6-0 - do I win a prize ? Scorers : Vernon (2), Gabriel, Young and two for Jimmy Fell, who I have to say doesn't ring any of the bells I have left. So, Jimmy Fell :

Reactions: kev

Status
Not open for further replies.