First Everton Goal of Your Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly can't remember, but after some research think it was John Connolly against Ipswich 1st September 1973, with super athlete Joe Harper and John Hurst in a 3-0 win.
Edit. Thought it was first goal seen. Billy Bingham scored against Villa in August 1961 when I was 21 days old, with a second from the Golden Vision. Not bad company.

Wally Fielding in a 3-0 win at home against Man Utd in October 1945, ten days after I was born. We drew 0-0 at Old Trafford three days after I was born.

Wally was a player I grew to love as I grew up, btw.

First EFC goal after I was born was scored by J Parker in a 3-0 home victory vs Notts Forest on 6/9/52...2nd division
First live goal....4/3/61 scored by Jimmy Gabriel in a 1-0 home win vs Fulham

@Methuselah
Based on your birthday being 17th March 1936, the first Everton goal in your lifetime was by Torrance (Torry) Gillick in a 1-1 home draw with Arsenal on 25th. ;)
(the first Dixie Dean goals after your birth came in a hat trick against Birmingham on April 25th)
Arsenal 1 - 1 away. Scorer T Gillick. (25th March 1936)

Thanks Eggs. Misread the title of the thread. Thought it was first game attended.

....Gillick isn’t a player i’d heard of. Looked him up, Scottish international we bought from Rangers for their then record fee. Nice that his memory is resurrected here.

Belated Happy 83rd Birthday @Methuselah.

Status
Not open for further replies.