Fines for Back Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey O

Player Valuation: £8m
Inappropriate Language
Play the next two games where any player passing backwards get fined each time they do it (and the fines are used to buy a new team) - no exceptions.

This tippy, tappy, sideways, backwards is fine if you're got the ability / guts in your team for a player to turn and go forward but we don't have it.

Same with Pickford passing to a player in our own box(it a ridiculous tactic) - fine him too.

I know it's a [Poor language removed] idea but I'm not a paid football professional and some fool has come up with the current tactics which clearly aren't working.

At least we'd have the element of surprise and it was be entertaining.

I had though of that a drink for every back pass but that would be dangerous for the viewing public

we should have fines for most of them not been able to pass a few yards infront of them to team mates lol - but ive said for ages i hate this keeper to defender passes by our only 6 yard box etc when oppo are basically near on top of our defenders , or hate the back passes - its almost like we are trying to put our only team mate is trouble to see whos caught out 1st

Regretfully Pickford is told to play it short. The outfield players are terrified of their own shadows and can do no better than sideways and backwards. The fine idea is good. It would cost some of them a bomb.

Always remember an interview with Gary Neville where he said as a full back in his prime at Utd you had 2 options - up the wing or give it to the centre mid, you’d get a rollicking if you tried passing it back. Love to see what he’d do if he was in this side however, can’t blame any player for not giving it to our nonexistent central midfield

Passing the ball backward is certainly a big issue for us but so is giving it away. I think Carlo is trying to teach them ball retentio, we aren’t very good at it but hopefully we learn. The only player who looks comfortable with a ball to feet is Pickford, his problem is a ball to his hands.

I think its purposeful, Carlo wants us to control the game - didnt say we were good at it.
But we don’t progress up the pitch, we create no pressure to the opposition by passing it around in our own half ( if anything we just put ourselves under pressure)

It's the no midfield aspect.

They aren't there to pass to and when they are it's them that passes it back because they don't look up.

The difference having a cm releasing it forward quickly would make to our attack is amazingly obvious to most. Except for our midfield though.

Status
Not open for further replies.