Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did the PL get them?
Should have been no later than 1st March 2023.

Always said there is a simple solution for all clubs. If all is well release accounts early- Bristol City released theirs in mid November e.g. and announced their pre tax loss and a couple of snippets in late October.

9 months pfft professional clubs do not in the main need 9 months strictly speaking. Birmingham never miss their HKSE deadlines- end of September for end of June accounts and end of February for 6 months to end of December respectively.

Under old owner Hull used to release theirs in mid to late September, accounting period was end of June. 2.5-3 months on.

Not so sure about pillorying them over Pickford. Get him sorted sooner rather than later as he's one of the only players in the squad who I don't want to actively replace.

Mina and Keane though... ugh. Mind you Keane under Dyche might show some value.

Iwobi - If he performed at his best all the time then no problem, however he doesn't so I concede that point.

However far too many are on too much compared to other teams around the middle and lower end of the table and that's killing us as we can't sell to a club that might suit them better. We need to he closer to the competitive rate for new players coming in that's for sure.

Yeah wasn't really having a go at Pickford not deserving of an improved contract, more so the timing of offering the new deal.

Damo doing this all day until the accounts drop.....
giphy.gif

He'll be posting 10 seconds after it happens to demand a 20 point deduction for Everton because Kenwright and DBB will be that much nearer the exit.

1f937-2642.png

Rat wanted to leave anyway

Did he? or did he just have to say the right thing for both us and Newcastle? He couldn't exactly rock up in his first interview and say - I'm here, but I don't really want to be here, I'd rather be at Everton and will be back as soon as they let me...
We'll never know the true story but it's never straightforward with us.

Your relegation rivals Nottingham Forest should probably be up before a Disciplinary Commission too as set against EFL limits of £39m to 2022, they lost and yes before add-backs and allowances, they lost £47m pre tax last season.

£22m averaged across 2019-20 and 2020-21.

£25m in 2018-19.

£94-95m down to £39m is a bit of a stretch...what are the Premier League doing about it.

Did he? or did he just have to say the right thing for both us and Newcastle? He couldn't exactly rock up in his first interview and say - I'm here, but I don't really want to be here, I'd rather be at Everton and will be back as soon as they let me...
We'll never know the true story but it's never straightforward with us.

He didn’t turn up for training to force a move through didn’t he ?

Obviously he and/or his agent wanted him out so that’s pretty conclusive to me

There is a special football player rule. The rule is that the club is not allowed to allocate any costs they incurred during the development of the player in the CGT calculation and the CGT must be paid on the full transfer fee.

It is also worth bearing in mind that player transfers between two English clubs are subject to VAT at 20%. So Toon had to pay EFC 20% extra for VAT. It was not disclosed whether the 40m was including or excluding VAT, but the media tend to try and report the highest number possible so it is probably the case that Gordon was 33.3m + 20% VAT. As per above, CGT does have to be taken from this too. EFC can write off other VAT purchases against his 6.7m VAT received from Toon but it is still more cash for HMRC
There really isn’t a special rule .

Capital Gains is a non company tax so there is no way a limited liability company pays it on anything indeed disposal an asset would be factored into Corporation Tax calculations and as most clubs have huge historical losses it’s no where near straight forward
VAT is a red herring because Newcastle would claim it back .

There are all sorts of levies when it comes to transfers fro a set % retained by the FA to almost certainly the paying of loyalty bonuses

Status
Not open for further replies.