Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
....I really hope this one is genuine, I much prefer him to Todibo. I think it’ll be a very astute piece of business.
...I think it’s more of a case of him providing us with something we haven’t got. That’s why he’s a consideration as a starter. Chelsea have similar types but we don’t have anybody who has the power and pace of recovery when the opposition gets behind the back four.

its not whether he’s better than what we have, he provides what none of them have and that includes the full backs.
...get beyond our central midfield and the opposition are in on goal. I think we have addressed that with Doucoure and Allan. Get beyond our back four and you’re in on goal. We can’t develop that weakness, you have to address it.

Weve chatted about him a few times.

Simple fact is that we cant play Mina and Keane together as theres no recovery pace.

I really want us to get a buy option though. He strikes me as someone with the type of attributes that Ancelotti can mould into an elite player.

Wouldnt be surprised if he was first choice by season end as he has such pace.

Holgate's clearly out for an extended amount of time with this injury and that's why we've pushed this one through. He offers something that Mina and Keane are clearly lacking in (pace) so I can't see the downside. Gibson isn't ready for prem football so let him go out and get experience elsewhere, and Branthwaite can challenge/fill in until January when we can reassess.

Smart squad planning (just a shame he's not left footed).

Why? I would say Keane is the experienced head these days. We need someone with a bit of pace about them and that can pass out. I dont think Gibson or Braithwaite are ready for the Premier League yet either and they certainly don't have pace in their arsenal.

Me neither, i think we need exactly that too, but i would like them to have experience too, we need a distin type, when we bought him imo. Hell, doucoure would probably do that job quite well tbh. Keane is just so meh for me, we wont go far with him as a regular starter, he should be backup at best if we want to improve.

Would be a nice bit of business this. Very capable from what I've seen and another quick player. Him and holgate would be a good pairing if choose to play a high line.

Unlikely to be anything more than a season, as lampard and chelsea rate him quite highly but it gives branthwaite another year of development. Gives us a year to assess our centre halves to tackle next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.