Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea are playing us like a fiddle same as they did with Zouma.

About 3 days before deadline day they'll flog Rudiger or loan Sarr and tell us where to go.

Blanket refuse to ever do business with them again and move on quick.
Or be pragmatic and judge each case individually.

We aren’t going to get Zoumad again, we’ll go elsewhere if it looks like we need to.

Saying we’re never doing business with Chelsea again would be self-limiting pettiness. You’ve got to play the transfer game.

But we have 2 similar players in Gibson &. Branthwaite don’t see the point in signing an inexperienced CB

...if Brands brought him he would clearly believe he’s a big step on those two. He’s played 60 league games. Regardless, we are devoid of pace and athleticism at CB and he looks a different type to Branthwaite and Gibson.

I like Gibson lots but if he’s being sent on loan in the current situation then it suggests he’s unlikely to be a consideration.

Chelsea are playing us like a fiddle same as they did with Zouma.

About 3 days before deadline day they'll flog Rudiger or loan Sarr and tell us where to go.

Blanket refuse to ever do business with them again and move on quick.
That's their prerogative mate as he's their player. If he is our number one choice then we should pursue it , whilst testing out our number 2 and 3 options , to ensure that we aren't left high and dry.

That's their prerogative mate as he's their player. If he is our number one choice then we should pursue it , whilst testing out our number 2 and 3 options , to ensure that we aren't left high and dry.

Problem for us is that Tomori sounds like our 2nd choice after Gabriel so I imagine 3rd/4th choices wont be up to much.

I would love a beast CB like Koulibaly but if not we just need a body in until Holgate is back - even some bum like Smalling whilst not glamorous could probably "do a job" for the odd game here and there if needed.

Problem for us is that Tomori sounds like our 2nd choice after Gabriel so I imagine 3rd/4th choices wont be up to much.

I would love a beast CB like Koulibaly but if not we just need a body in until Holgate is back - even some bum like Smalling whilst not glamorous could probably "do a job" for the odd game here and there if needed.
The problem is that some bum like smalling will still be on extortionate wages and will be on the bench, we Deffo need at least an experienced stop gap this year though at least.

lol why tho if he’s not guna play?

...if Brands brought him he would clearly believe he’s a big step on those two. He’s played 60 league games. Regardless, we are devoid of pace and athleticism at CB and he looks a different type to Branthwaite and Gibson.

I like Gibson lots but if he’s being sent on loan in the current situation then it suggests he’s unlikely to be a consideration.
I will take your word for it, but he’s about 6”6, not really built for pace. And is that 60 games at the lower level? Not prem. I just don’t think it’s what we need at this moment.

If we get another injury, wouid you be happy this lad playing a full season in the prem, because thats what we should be buying for. The worst case scenario

If he is set for a loan it says we must be close to a deal for a defender whether it is Tomori or someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.