Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think us winning the first 2 matches has any real relevance to Chelsea loaning us Tomori. We aren't their competition in their mind. We are the level just below's competition. We take points off those team, Chelsea finish higher up the league in theory.

I don't think Lampard will think about it in terms of direct competition - I just don't think he's wired that way. I think he's just trying to build the best attacking team he can, and give it enough of a defense to be able to outscore other teams. Which makes sense, if he figures his value-added is to coach up top attacking talent to peak levels.

I think @ForeverBlue92 is right that we just need a body for cover, but I would prefer it to be someone like this for some speed. Hopefully, the injuries stop and we don't regret missing out on Gabriel.

That's not really the criteria we should be looking for really, we want someone good enough to start and compete with Mina and Keane

And, this is key, has the pace to make up for Holgate being out.

I don't think that first goal happens yesterday if either Mina or Keane is confident they have the pace to push up.

Allan was caught high upfield and because our CBs hadn't pressed up that extra 5-10 yards, Diangana had the space to exploit.

Obviously, that was then compounded by Mina running away from him and not closing him down.

And, this is key, has the pace to make up for Holgate being out.

I don't think that first goal happens yesterday if either Mina or Keane is confident they have the pace to push up.

Allan was caught high upfield and because our CBs hadn't pressed up that extra 5-10 yards, Diangana had the space to exploit.

Obviously, that was then compounded by Mina running away from him and not closing him down.
I know this is the Tomori thread here but that surprised me yesterday that Ancelotti had Allan pushing upfield more. I would have had him just in front of the defense most of the match and let Doucoure push up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.