Transfer Rumour Fikayo Tomori

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've forgotten, are we looking for this to be perm or loan?

Rumors have all been for a loan so far. The reports from the Athletic (Patrick Boyland and Simon Johnson) on the 8th and confirmed by Fabrizio were all about a loan with no mention of a permanent move or a buy option.

I think everyone is coming to the same conclusion that Brands must be negotiating a buy clause based on what happened with Zouma, but I don't think there were any definitive reports.

Simon Johnson has since reported that the deal is in the balance. He still seems to think one of Chelsea's CBs will be let go. It's hard to believe that it won't be Tomori who is allowed to be at least loaned out considering he did not make the 18 this weekend with Silva not even in the squad yet. My money is on it happening but with no buy clause, partly because Chelsea do not want one and partly because of Holgate and Branthwaite's progress over the past several months.

Don't think we'll see anything happening in this until the final 48hrs of the window now. All deals are in a sort of bluff and counter bluff state now, and decision makers won't know the reality of the situation until cards are on the table. There is just a natural gravity to deadline day now.

It's about having an alternative in place as much as having certainty as to who your top target is.

Don't think we'll see anything happening in this until the final 48hrs of the window now. All deals are in a sort of bluff and counter bluff state now, and decision makers won't know the reality of the situation until cards are on the table. There is just a natural gravity to deadline day now.

It's about having an alternative in place as much as having certainty as to who your top target is.

...yep, the difference being the window is usually closed but this season will be a few games in and some teams who haven’t started well will start to panic. I wouldn’t be surprised if we shift a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.