FFP / profitability and sustainability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this is so depressing. To think how little progress (if any) we have made on the pitch despite putting ourselves in such a bad financial position. Truly shambolic and change is needed from top to bottom.

I genuinely don`t know where we are with this, obviously we know the losses for each of the last 3 (Years ending June 2018,2019 & 2020). This years accounts to June 21 will be key, obviously we have cut costs and invested very little.

After last years accounts I thought The Mosh was going to put £250m in to buy shares, is this included? Then there is the amount alleged to have been lost via COVID and Ussy`s £30m stadium naming rights .

I have seen the graph which shows us -£35m, I`m not sure this is true and a few others have rubbished it. On top of that we have several commercial sponsorship deals either just been renewed or coming up for renewal, i.e. sleeve & shirt sponsor, finch farm etc

All that above gives me no idea where we actually are....... only the club will know.

One thing is for sure we need to be getting rid of alot of players and replaced with ones that are up to the job or hungry to succeed.

I guess we will just wait and see, the 2021 accounts should be published next month and that might give us an indication, wouldn`t surprise me if we turned a profit.

1637105144447.png

Last edited:
I see Reading have been docked six points for breaching financial sustainability rules with a further six points suspended.

Derby have had a nine point deduction for failing financial stability rules plus twelve point deduction for going into administration. Twenty one points in total with a further three suspended.

I just hope we are in a better position now than we were, but I sense we are in a tight situation. However, I doubt the stadium construction would have started if it seemed we could suffer a relegation level punishment. Perhaps we are ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.