FFP Pressures this summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would that put for FFP over 3 years?
We still will have '20-21 on the books, so we would perhaps be underwater against the 105 million cap for this three-year cycle. We lost 120 million that year, and 45 million in '21-'22. Those numbers do not account for any COVID or stadium-related financial alchemy the Prem elects to allow, so really your guess is as good as mine on that portion of the problem. I'm assuming we're kosher until proven otherwise.

The number that matters going forward for compliance is how much results improve in '23-'24 relative to '20-'21. The last time I looked at it in depth, I came up with us having decent money to spend. We hadn't sold Gordon yet when I ran the math, and it looks like he largely offsets the '21-'22 loss I wasn't accounting for at the time. We have an enormous amount of amortization coming off, because we signed Allan and Doucoure at high transfer fees on shorter-term contracts and Mina is also leaving on a free. We're also jettisoning quite a bit of wages.

If we signed all young players on five-year contracts and lower wages, we might be able to get away with a $100 million net spend if we get all the dead money players we can't sell loaned out again. As the players get older and the contracts get shorter, that number goes down. If we sell Onana and/or Pickford, it goes way up. I don't think we will, in practice, spend that much unless we sell somebody.

Ratio of players wages to other operating expenses looks flawed. Not a chance we are only paying 43m per annum in wages to retain this squad. Which begs the question what the heck is the quoted opex.

Both are well intentioned efforts but very wrong. Even allowing for COVID cooking of the books.

Ratio of players wages to other operating expenses looks flawed. Not a chance we are only paying 43m per annum in wages to retain this squad. Which begs the question what the heck is the quoted opex.

Both are well intentioned efforts but very wrong. Even allowing for COVID cooking of the books.

Don't forget that costs associated with developing the women's team(s), local community projects and infrastructure developments eg BMD can be offset against losses too.
Seeing as EFC are doing all three, I think we have a stronger position than we perhaps realise

We are all wondering if FFP is going to impact us this summer so i done some simple investigation.

Income:

Premier League Money: £84m
PL prize money £8.8m
TV money £110.39m
Player Trading £69m
Sponsorship (Last available figure) £50m
Match day income (.59*19) 11.2m

In and around £333.4 coming in

Players wages £43.12m
Operating expenses £205m

Expenditure (excluding payoff of staff and players) 248.12

So should be in and around £85m profit.

Obviously these figures are based on the last available data and not all income and expenditure is accounted for but I can see not conceiveable why we can make a loss this season considering the new stadium is a seperate entity.
Wait, let me try and get my head around this.

If match day income is 0.59M, that means every person going to Goodison spends an average of 15 quid, including the price of the ticket.

And if wages are 43M, that means we have a weekly wage bill for 800k for the entire squad.

Either your fingers are far too fat for your calculator or you have had one too many shandys mate

Looking at your numbers I’m guessing you’re the new accountant Everton got in earlier this year, and also the reason why we have now been charged by the FA

Still, as all good accountants should say when asked the question to “what is 2+2?”.…..”whatever you want it to be”

Probably not the most accurate as it doesn't take into account how much we still paid the loaned out players, or Gordon for half a sseason. But the "capology" website calculated that wages came to about £81,500,000, so probably higher than that

We are all wondering if FFP is going to impact us this summer so i done some simple investigation.

Income:

Premier League Money: £84m
PL prize money £8.8m
TV money £110.39m
Player Trading £69m
Sponsorship (Last available figure) £50m
Match day income (.59*19) 11.2m

In and around £333.4 coming in

Players wages £43.12m
Operating expenses £205m

Expenditure (excluding payoff of staff and players) 248.12

So should be in and around £85m profit.

Obviously these figures are based on the last available data and not all income and expenditure is accounted for but I can see not conceiveable why we can make a loss this season considering the new stadium is a seperate entity.

Players wages are 43 million!!!

Get in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.