FFP and how much of a gamble we are taking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvertonScot

Player Valuation: £25k
Doing the maths, it looks like we are showing a good net spend, even after you include the outlay for (fingers crossed) Kean and Gbamin. However, we all know we need at least a CB and RB. If we spend another let's say £60m/£70m on those 2 players, we are looking close to a £100m net spend which is big money. I assume we are going to get a couple of loans in to beef up the numbers, but, we need to make Europe to be able to 1. hold on to the players we have, or 2.make the money and avoid having to sell 1 or 2 straight away next summer to balance the books! Are we confident?

Doing the maths, it looks like we are showing a good net spend, even after you include the outlay for (fingers crossed) Kean and Gbamin. However, we all know we need at least a CB and RB. If we spend another let's say £60m/£70m on those 2 players, we are looking close to a £100m net spend which is big money. I assume we are going to get a couple of loans in to beef up the numbers, but, we need to make Europe to be able to 1. hold on to the players we have, or 2.make the money and avoid having to sell 1 or 2 straight away next summer to balance the books! Are we confident?
How much the pair?

Yes.

I think the FFP calculated loss of 105M is still very far away. We broke even from a book standpoint 2 years ago and while we had a big loss this year - waiting for the statements to confirm - some of that is buffered by one-time charges we took two years ago. We also deduct funding specific to the academy and stadium. Provided we don't include USM money for FFP as too much of a related party, we still have a bit of room to play with.

Plus, we are dropping our wages significantly right now. I mean, hundreds of thousands per week at this point. With some increase in commercial revenue, we should be fine.

Yes.

I think the FFP calculated loss of 105M is still very far away. We broke even from a book standpoint 2 years ago and while we had a big loss this year - waiting for the statements to confirm - some of that is buffered by one-time charges we took two years ago. We also deduct funding specific to the academy and stadium. Provided we don't include USM money for FFP as too much of a related party, we still have a bit of room to play with.

Plus, we are dropping our wages significantly right now. I mean, hundreds of thousands per week at this point. With some increase in commercial revenue, we should be fine.

If we sell all the ones suggested are not wanted, we can save nearly £700k a week. Frightening! I have a feeling Silva sees Gbamin as a CB in the future and Bernard as heir to Gylfi at 10?

You honestly think we will spend 70m on a right back and centre back combined?

Your living in dream land son

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.