Ferguson Caretaker Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Said this in the new manager thread but I hope he stays on till seasons end or at least when the internal review is done. A little strange to say upcoming games lets hope its at least 5 games. If he is manager to the City match I think he could leave with 7 points pre City on the 26th, possibly 9 (3 wins out of 4). At that point I think its 12 games to go I would be comforted him seeing out the rest of the year. Thats likely 10ish points till safety. 3 wins 1 draw 8 losses. Thats worse case and the likely lowest point tally to avoid relegation but that seems more than feasible now the squads healthy and how bad the bottom looks. Odds makers have it at a 12% chance.

I urge supporters to weigh that to the benefits of a permanent manager being installed is, when the pool is small from the clubs dysfunction and it being January, before the internal review is finished, with limited backroom staff and no director of football in place. What of those two possibilities is more risky in the present and longterm?

Think our home games under Dunc would keep us up. Aways more of a bonus.

3 points this weekend and we take it from there.

He's the right man for the Villa game.

The crowd will react to him and having Gerrard in the opposite dugout will probably add an extra layer of intensity to the fixture and technical area match up.

I imagine we'll see our best performance of the season, football and passion wise.

Long term I'm not sure he should be part of the next coaching set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.