Match Thread FC Twente vs Everton (Wednesday 19th July) 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/17/new-signings-in-everton-squad-for-holland-trip

New Blues Jordan Pickford, Sandro Ramirez and Cuco Martina have been named in a 25-man Everton squad which left for Holland on Monday afternoon.

Goalkeeper Pickford – who joined the Toffees from Sunderland last month in a Club-record deal which could rise to £30million – and forward Sandro, an arrival from La Liga side Malaga – met their new teammates at USM Finch Farm for the first time on Monday morning, having been given extra time off following their participation for England and Spain respectively in the European Under-21 Championship in Poland.

Dutch defender Martina will also make the trip to his homeland after the 27-year-old’s signing on a three-year deal was confirmed on Monday.

2bcf5e67e93c4e77b7e43b4eceb0a8a8.jpg

Ross Barkley has not travelled owing to the groin injury which prevented his travelling to Tanzania, neither has Ramiro Funes Mori, who is recovering from a knee injury sustained last season.

The squad departed Liverpool Airport on Monday afternoon for Enschede in east Holland ahead of a pre-season friendly against FC Twente on Wednesday (6pm kick-off UK time, 7pm local time), before travelling to Belgium to take on KRC Genk on Saturday 22 July (3pm UK time, 4pm local time).

Squad: Maarten Stekelenburg, Joel Robles, Jordan Pickford, Leighton Baines, Ashley Williams, Phil Jagielka, Callum Connolly, Mason Holgate, Jonjoe Kenny, Cuco Martina, Michael Keane, Morgan Schneiderlin, Davy Klaassen, James McCarthy, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Gareth Barry, Mo Besic, Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell, Kevin Mirallas, Aaron Lennon, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ademola Lookman, Wayne Rooney, Sandro Ramirez.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2017/07/17/new-signings-in-everton-squad-for-holland-trip

New Blues Jordan Pickford, Sandro Ramirez and Cuco Martina have been named in a 25-man Everton squad which left for Holland on Monday afternoon.

Goalkeeper Pickford – who joined the Toffees from Sunderland last month in a Club-record deal which could rise to £30million – and forward Sandro, an arrival from La Liga side Malaga – met their new teammates at USM Finch Farm for the first time on Monday morning, having been given extra time off following their participation for England and Spain respectively in the European Under-21 Championship in Poland.

Dutch defender Martina will also make the trip to his homeland after the 27-year-old’s signing on a three-year deal was confirmed on Monday.

Ross Barkley has not travelled owing to the groin injury which prevented his travelling to Tanzania, neither has Ramiro Funes Mori, who is recovering from a knee injury sustained last season.

The squad departed Liverpool Airport on Monday afternoon for Enschede in east Holland ahead of a pre-season friendly against FC Twente on Wednesday (6pm kick-off UK time, 7pm local time), before travelling to Belgium to take on KRC Genk on Saturday 22 July (3pm UK time, 4pm local time).

Squad: Maarten Stekelenburg, Joel Robles, Jordan Pickford, Leighton Baines, Ashley Williams, Phil Jagielka, Callum Connolly, Mason Holgate, Jonjoe Kenny, Cuco Martina, Michael Keane, Morgan Schneiderlin, Davy Klaassen, James McCarthy, Idrissa Gana Gueye, Gareth Barry, Mo Besic, Tom Davies, Kieran Dowell, Kevin Mirallas, Aaron Lennon, Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Ademola Lookman, Wayne Rooney, Sandro Ramirez.
No Bolasie either, I know he's injured but the report doesn't mention him.

3 keepers, just 2 halves.....should be interesting.......

Fair do's mate.I am the man in the orthopedic shoe.I stand corrected.That is the 13th of July though.

I don't think Easyjet have any four engined planes so the picture that shows Sandro boarding should mean we did charter a plane for the trip. Phewww, would take a massive flock to knock out all 4 engines at once. Mosh is not taking any risks with the assets.

It's crazy yes.

For example. I'm flying over for the Chelsea game on the 26th of August. Flying from Amsterdam to Birmingham as that is where I will stay for four days of groundhopping. On the friday before, my local team Fortuna are playing Young Ajax in the Dutch 2nd tier.

Now I can't just take the car and drive directly to their academy ground. No, have to buy the ticket beforehand and am supposed to travel by an organised clubcoach to the game. I'm not allowed to go into Amsterdam to have a drink and if I go into the home end I can get a stadium ban for upto 2 years.

So I actually would have to travel to Amsterdam, get back to Sittard after the match and drive back to Amsterdam the following morning. Luckily we're only a small club so everybody knows everybody. Now will stay at an hotel by Schiphol Airport, drive to a gas station at the motorway close to Amsterdam and arrange for the official supportersclub to pick me up there.

Next day in England I can take the train to London, go to Stamford Bridge, have a beer in a pub pre match, get my ticket and go and watch the footy.

Bit of a difference, isn't it?

Going to see Ajax at VVV on 28th August....hopefully a few first teamers have a run out

My mate travelled to Berlin yesterday and he said he arrived at the airport in Liverpool supposedly 10 minutes after the Everton squad had departed!

Would've been cool to catch them.

With only this & Genk before our EL qualifier I hope we start to see a semblance of a "first XI" in either game. Not just about fitness now it's about building up understanding.

For any Blues travelling over for this one, but don't have tickets and won't manage to get in. The match will also be shown live on Fox Sports 1.
Article on OS today:
Everton fans travelling to Holland for Wednesday’s friendly against FC Twente are being advised that they can gain entry on the evening of the game at ‘Ticket Office 1/Kasse 1’ which will be located on Bentheimerstraat.
This section is for Everton fans only and admission is priced at €15 adults and €10 juniors.
The fixture is being played at the home of SV De Lutte and kick-off is 6pm UK time (7pm local time).

Status
Not open for further replies.