FC BATE vs Everton - 1 Oct 09 UEFA Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.

StDomingosGringo

Player Valuation: £10m
This is living the Goblet dream, lads and lasses. An away trip in Belarus, to a stadium that holds just under five and a half thousand against a team that takes its name from the Borisov Automobile and Tractor Electric Equipment works. The biggest banana skin ever?

On the back of four clean sheets in succession with 12 goals scored, a win for the mighty Blues looks nailed on but we know following the Blues is never that easy. BATE drew home and away with Juventus in last seasons Champions League and sit 10 points clear at the top of the Belarusian league on 47 points from 19 games conceeding a miserly 12 goals in the process. They are no mugs.

Strange then that I'm going to highlight a defender as possibly their weakest link. The No. 5 Aliaksandr Yurevich is a left back playing out of position on the right since joining from league rivals FC Shakhtyor. Benfica exploited his lack of height (5'8") and questionable position with a deep cross for their first goal and he was drawn out of position easily allowing space for a runner for the second.

Moyes will be all over this like a wet flannel and I'm sure Baines and hopefully Billy will be under instructions to give him a torrid time. Even with Pienaar missing I'm going for a comfortable 0-2 win.

COYB!!!

They have a player playing out of position potentially weakening the team, not managed by moyes' twin by any chance are they! Hopefully we wont and this with 10 men, if we dont put in a professional performance they could punish us so we need to keep it tight and not make any silly mistakes. Will be tricky but we should get at least a draw.
Posted via Mobile Device

Even if we are without Pienaar for this match it should be a easy enough victory we have Billy & Osman which are more suited to playing against European opposition, I believe Billy should fill Pienaar void with his crossing.

How comfortable the victory would be would entirely depend on the performance from Billy, Baines, Gosling, Hibbert, Cahill and Osman as they would be the key player in supporting the attack and defending.

I would go with a 3-0 victory to keep our momentum going!

Last edited:

Even if we are without Pienaar for this match it should be a easy enough victory we have Billy and Heitinga which are more suited to playing against European opposition, I believe Billy should fill Pienaar void with his crossing.

How comfortable the victory would be would entirely depend on the performance from Billy, Baines, Gosling, Heitinga, Cahill and Osman as they would be the key player in supporting the attack and defending.

I would go with a 3-0 victory to keep our momentum going!

Heitinga is not available due to being cup-tied. But we should still have enough
2-0 win methinks;)

Heitinga is not available due to being cup-tied. But we should still have enough
2-0 win methinks;)

Opps, my hands type his name in, instead of Hibbert probably to do with me wishing to see Heitinga more offen, so he could settle down and shows us what he is capable of.

Well, here another chance for Hibbert to show us if he deserve a starting place in the league, it should not be a difficult game it's not as though we are up against Benfica, so I would disappointed if he struggle against Bate!

Would go for

Howard
Neil Yobo Distin Baines
Gosling Rodwell Osman Bily
Cahill
Jo

If not bring Fellaini in for Gosling and put Ossie out right.

Hibbert and Saha are suspended arent they?

Would go for

Howard
Neil Yobo Distin Baines
Cahill
Jo

Isn't Neill are not allow to play in Europa League, as registration passed by the time we sign him? So, Gosling could be playing RB or we could always try Coleman there?

Apart from that pretty much the line-up I would hope for, although I am tempted to start Yakubu and see how long he could last before putting Jo on.

Would go for

Howard
Neil Yobo Distin Baines
Cahill
Jo

I'd agree with that.

Osman deserves a go in the middle and Gosling would provide some much needed energy in midfield.

Rest Fellaini or Cahill, probably Fellaini as he looked dead in the last twenty minutes against Portsmouth.

Isn't Neill are not allow to play in Europa League, as registration passed by the time we sign him? So, Gosling could be playing RB or we could always try Coleman there?

Apart from that pretty much the line-up I would hope for, although I am tempted to start Yakubu and see how long he could last before putting Jo on.

I say start Jo and bring the Yak on for 20 mins or so at the end. Don't want to risk overdoing it. "Seeing how long he lasts" could all end in tears. With Saha doing the business at the moment, if we can get the Yak firing on all cylinders too then we'll score goals like shooting fish in a barrel with uzis.

I say start Jo and bring the Yak on for 20 mins or so at the end. Don't want to risk overdoing it. "Seeing how long he lasts" could all end in tears. With Saha doing the business at the moment, if we can get the Yak firing on all cylinders too then we'll score goals like shooting fish in a barrel with uzis.

Yak's playing tonight or tomorrow in the reserves too so starting him again later in the week is a big no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.