Favourite Derby game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 3-3 last season was exciting. Shame we conceded to that prick Sturridge but hey ho, was still a good game...

Some help Guys. back in September 1964 Everton beat them at Anfield 4-0. I was there in the Anfield Road end (the last I time I set foot in there as I promised myself never go there again). Anyway who were the goal scorers, I think Pickering and Morrisey were in the mix but not sure. Now are there any other old timers like who me who recall the game?

That's my favourite one. I was sat by my then girlfriends brother and we hated each other at the best of times and him being a gobby RS didn't help. I was hungover from a heavy night before and needed a few liviners but by the time it kicked off I was in full flow again. After we scored the second I turned to him and said I hope we don't get a third I'm starting to feel bad again with all this jumping up and down, which he took exception to.

Later on we went back to my then girlfriends and he gets pissed and pissed off with me for still enjoying the win and kicks off. It was inevitable really and I should never have gave him the ticket, I only did it cause my then girlfriend had a nice rack.

Oh the the things you gotta do mate ;)

My favourite would have to be the only one ive seen us win live and that was the 2-0 in 2010 when Cahill and Arteta scored.
The 3-3 last season was unreal, the limbs after Lukaku's 2nd were unbelievable. Was just devastating that that wriggly armed bell scored so late on.

3-3 Last Year was pretty ... Phenomenal :cool:

(It actually was to be fair, best goodison derby since AJs 3-0 for me)

Best - The 2-0 at Goodison a few years back when Woy was in charge of the sh!te. Had a mate from Australia over and sorted him a ticket, then we met Tim Cahill after the match in the players' car park. Which was nice.

the Yak running Meireles over was the best thing about that game

Carsley. I should have seen us get a last minute winner in my first ever Derby, that 0-0 when Westerveld booted it at Hutchison and that complete bell Graham Poll blew for full time. It ended up being 5 years before I saw a Derby win, as we lost the next 4 at Goodison in a row after that! To finally see us beat them at long last was long overdue, and I suppose you always have fond memories of your first!

The 3-0 was boss as well of course, always irked me how we beat them pretty narrowly, while they had often put 2 ad 3 past us. To actually smash them properly was fantastic! Though Im still a sucker for late goals...Jagielka and Cahill's late equalisers at Anfield and Gosling in the Cup take some beating!

None of the defeats have been worse than that one at Wembley. I had absolutely no hope going into that game, knowing what a bottler Moyes was and how he'd surrendered the League game a few weeks earlier when Gerrard scored a hat trick. I thought after that one it would never get worse, so I went to Wembley with absolutely no expectations and an expectation of losing so it wouldnt hurt. And what did we do? We took a jammy lead when Carra laaaa fluffed a clearance, and then hope was back...only to be crushed in a terrible second half with that utter dnkey scoring a late winner with his greasy ponytail. Nothing will be worse than that, ever.

The draws at Anfield when Beckford put us 2-1 up, and the 3-3 last season were sickening though, worse than most defeats. Because when do we ever come from behind to win the Derby? The Beckford one they were turd, King Kenny was back, and we battered them after half time to go 2-1 up, only for their obligatory dodgy pen. Why do they only ever miss pens against us when it doesnt matter? And last season, best Derby performance from us Ive ever seen. Didnt let the 2 early goals set us back, just absolutely destroyed them, and when Lukaku headed in that 3rd goal, this was all there to be one of the greatest Derby victories in our history. I hated that gonk Sturridge before, even more so after that the twunt.

That was a quality day that one. Do you remember the 2-0 win when Grobellaar tried to throttle McManaman, Mark Ward and Cottee with the goals for a 2-0 win. That was immense. Both those derbies the weather was class and the street end was in full voice.

Yes.....little Tony scored down the Park End and did a war dance :)

Carsley. I should have seen us get a last minute winner in my first ever Derby, that 0-0 when Westerveld booted it at Hutchison and that complete bell Graham Poll blew for full time. It ended up being 5 years before I saw a Derby win, as we lost the next 4 at Goodison in a row after that! To finally see us beat them at long last was long overdue, and I suppose you always have fond memories of your first!

The 3-0 was boss as well of course, always irked me how we beat them pretty narrowly, while they had often put 2 ad 3 past us. To actually smash them properly was fantastic! Though Im still a sucker for late goals...Jagielka and Cahill's late equalisers at Anfield and Gosling in the Cup take some beating!

None of the defeats have been worse than that one at Wembley. I had absolutely no hope going into that game, knowing what a bottler Moyes was and how he'd surrendered the League game a few weeks earlier when Gerrard scored a hat trick. I thought after that one it would never get worse, so I went to Wembley with absolutely no expectations and an expectation of losing so it wouldnt hurt. And what did we do? We took a jammy lead when Carra laaaa fluffed a clearance, and then hope was back...only to be crushed in a terrible second half with that utter dnkey scoring a late winner with his greasy ponytail. Nothing will be worse than that, ever.

The draws at Anfield when Beckford put us 2-1 up, and the 3-3 last season were sickening though, worse than most defeats. Because when do we ever come from behind to win the Derby? The Beckford one they were turd, King Kenny was back, and we battered them after half time to go 2-1 up, only for their obligatory dodgy pen. Why do they only ever miss pens against us when it doesnt matter? And last season, best Derby performance from us Ive ever seen. Didnt let the 2 early goals set us back, just absolutely destroyed them, and when Lukaku headed in that 3rd goal, this was all there to be one of the greatest Derby victories in our history. I hated that gonk Sturridge before, even more so after that the twunt.

The only time I recall us coming from behind to win one was when Mo Johnson and Peter Beardsley pulled us out the mire in the early 90s.

The Andy King derby 1977, hadn't beaten them for seven years. Limbs everywhere, and the dark side were at the height of their sorcery then. The 1-0 when we had already won the title in 87 deserves a mention due to Kendal resting half the first team. Paul Wilkinson scored with probably our only shot on target, where as Norway had multiple chances and scored zilch. Good laugh that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.