Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
He's not put any more cash into the club, and the conversion of debt to equity purely affects the balance sheet and not the P&L, so it means nothing regarding FFP or our ability in general to buy players.

Putting this together with rumours of recent talks with interested buyers - Maybe he is removing some of the debt to make us a more attractive proposition to buyers?

Also, not sure why anyone is fussed about AGMs. He had 90% shareholding before this; what did the minority shareholders think they were going to achieve by attending? Apart from doing a load of cryarsing into what are quite clearly deaf ears. He's just removed a bit of the pageantry.

The increase to 94% really means nothing...effectively with the deal he did with Kenwright, as soon as he came in, he was in control.

The only positive is that he alluded to a restructuring...hopefully that finally means a top DOF and new high calibre staff coming in.

What seems odd to me is that the board members DBB, Sharp, Kenwright, Ingles have no experience of building a successful club nor implementing an infrastructure to achieve growth.

Seems quite peculiar.

My guess is that that once were out of the woods on FFP and if hes happy with the manager and progress...we have round 2 of massive spending.

He's not put any more cash into the club, and the conversion of debt to equity purely affects the balance sheet and not the P&L, so it means nothing regarding FFP or our ability in general to buy players.

Putting this together with rumours of recent talks with interested buyers - Maybe he is removing some of the debt to make us a more attractive proposition to buyers?

Also, not sure why anyone is fussed about AGMs. He had 90% shareholding before this; what did the minority shareholders think they were going to achieve by attending? Apart from doing a load of cryarsing into what are quite clearly deaf ears. He's just removed a bit of the pageantry.

That report stated potential buyers were scared off by the finances, so it makes you wonder.

The increase to 94% really means nothing...effectively with the deal he did with Kenwright, as soon as he came in, he was in control.

The only positive is that he alluded to a restructuring...hopefully that finally means a top DOF and new high calibre staff coming in.

What seems odd to me is that the board members DBB, Sharp, Kenwright, Ingles have no experience of building a successful club nor implementing an infrastructure to achieve growth.

Seems quite peculiar.

My guess is that that once were out of the woods on FFP and if hes happy with the manager and progress...we have round 2 of massive spending.
When is this going to happen? Isn't ffp effectively a rolling window? So it's not like we get to the end of the season and can then go and spend another 500m.

The only thing I can see getting us out of the woods is if the ffp rules change.

Just because he doesn't have to doesn't mean he shouldn't.

It's yet another removal of transparency and accountability.

We are fully a billionaires play thing now and look how well it's been going.
Agree completely but I don't think he's been transparent or accountable for a while. Absolutely we SHOULD have the meetings and he SHOULD be both of those things but he isn't, so ultimately I actually commend him in a weird way for at least dropping the pretence.

Hahaha flawless. HE SPOKE TO US WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??

Unfortunately he’s the owner of the club and the club is a completely and utter mess from top to bottom. I’d like him to address that situation as well as get his PA to send us emails.

The question in all of this that you need to answer is would we be better under a different owner and there are zero guarantees we would. We might be a little less scattergun in approach but we might spend to our income which is significantly less than a lot of other clubs in the league (without the USM prop up), you chase him out then what next? Do we get a new stadium after that as I doubt it.

In that scenario are you happy that eventually they'll pull down the 10k Gwladys end and replace with a copy of the PE stand as we get more and more like Tranmere. That's where we were heading before someone was willing to batter an eyelid at us nevermind bankroll us to the tune of 500 million and still have any desire to keep going.

We all wanted a billionaire owner and we got it and are still not happy, be careful what you wish for as we may get that too and find it even worse.

That report stated potential buyers were scared off by the finances, so it makes you wonder.
Hardly surprising.

He has to keep converting 100 million loans into equity each year to keep us afloat after the terrible expenditures under his management and the management of people he hired.

It's a failing business that isn't anywhere close to self-sustainable and that would scare away any investors.

His hope of making his money back falls entirely on the stadium.

The question in all of this that you need to answer is would we be better under a different owner and there are zero guarantees we would. We might be a little less scattergun in approach but we might spend to our income which is significantly less than a lot of other clubs in the league (without the USM prop up), you chase him out then what next? Do we get a new stadium after that as I doubt it.

In that scenario are you happy that eventually they'll pull down the 10k Gwladys end and replace with a copy of the PE stand as we get more and more like Tranmere. That's where we were heading before someone was willing to batter an eyelid at us nevermind bankroll us to the tune of 500 million and still have any desire to keep going.

We all wanted a billionaire owner and we got it and are still not happy, be careful what you wish for as we may get that too and find it even worse.

I don’t know whether you’ve noticed mate, but we have been getting worse and worse and worse since the day this fella came in. “Be careful what you wish for” applies pretty to much to our exact scenario, as we were all wishing for a billionaire owner and the club will soon be staring down the barrel of oblivion if things continue the way they’ve been going. There has been no indication that this owner is willing to change his ways and implement a proper structure from the top of the club down, or that he’s even aware of how bad a mess we’re in. His stadium isn’t that magic ticket either, be careful what you wish for indeed.

I'll be unpopularly honest with my thoughts here... why would we have an AGM when one man owns 94% of all the shares?
Other shareholders could still ask for one to be held, now they cant. The AGM was basically the only arena where he and the board were asked any sort of questions about the club.

That avenue is now closed. Only Moshiri can call an AGM now.

the problem is the premier league

look at the bundesliga and their 50+1 rule

this should be a rule in every league