Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,251 92.3%

• Total voters
after watching villa last week, and seeing Bolasie come on after 78 mins and run the Bolton defence ragged, he has insisted on his return to the first team everton squad with immediate effect

I feel like Moshiri is similar to the owner Man City has before they got the Abu Dhabi Prince.

Thaksin Shinawatra promised the world, but ultimately failed because he didn’t have a clue about football. Moshiri clearly doesn’t understand football.

Shinawatra hires washed up managers, like Sven, and heavily spending on crap players. Moshiri has done very much the same.

I feel like Moshiri is similar to the owner Man City has before they got the Abu Dhabi Prince.

Thaksin Shinawatra promised the world, but ultimately failed because he didn’t have a clue about football. Moshiri clearly doesn’t understand football.

Shinawatra hires washed up managers, like Sven, and heavily spending on crap players. Moshiri has done very much the same.

That's the only way to start with, you don't go from has-beens to champions without going through that stage. Chelsea did it in the 90's, City in the mid 2000's. Our turn now, the only problem is whether we will actually get any silverware at the end of it.

The elite players do not want to come to a mid-table club. Money is not a issue; they want silverware! It will take time. Everton , for a while at least, will have to be content with less than elite players and players with potential. That is why I think our most valuable signing is Brands. He will allow Moshiri to invest his money wisely.

He is our only way up.

If we had a Moyes type manager from the outset of Moshiri era and kept making shwered deals. Our stadium would he built and made of gold. And we'd be a more respectable better football team.

Sort of Back To The Future Part four...er no thank you. Hopefully Moyes is a busted flush as far as Everton are concerned.

I think this as well.

It was apparent after the Pickford derby that current Everton players have bought into the “Everton that” mindset of negativity and fatalism when our goalie alluded to our “luck” in derbies.

My first reaction was to bin all ex players off’ve the backroom team.

I always wondered how brand new players can get an old mentality that they have no idea about. It surprised me about Tottenham up till 4 years ago, when they were always acting inferior to Arsenal, and even brand new squads of players, even 'winners' were unable to break the trend, and the same with brand new squads of Arsenal players who in his last 10 years couldn't replicate the early 00s Wenger teams. On the other hand Man U through Fergie were able to constantly renew and make brand new teams of winners, and this is probably because the backroom staff were winners

This is all to support that idea, that somehow there are enough deadwood old backroom staff in the club, who somehow have more influence than the 4-5 new coaches and staff a manager brings in, to help create this losing, 'Everton that' mentality, and even Kenwright must be like this now. I used think ex-players were really important, but then again, if they're all part of the early and mid 90s plucky little Everton mentality, then how can they help young players?
Better than that is to bring in proven winners, and like we've discussed elsewhere signing players on the up, we need coaches and staff who are also hungry and wanting to win, plus a few ex-winners.

I wonder if Tim Howard or Tim Cahill would work with Everton, and maybe Arteta in the future - they are the only three who seemed to show a winning mentality, even if they were not part of winning teams or the best players, they had the fight and desire to always win.

He needs to cull the backroom staff at all levels of the club and let Brands bring in who he want
No more jobs for ex players that are not m
I always wondered how brand new players can get an old mentality that they have no idea about. It surprised me about Tottenham up till 4 years ago, when they were always acting inferior to Arsenal, and even brand new squads of players, even 'winners' were unable to break the trend, and the same with brand new squads of Arsenal players who in his last 10 years couldn't replicate the early 00s Wenger teams. On the other hand Man U through Fergie were able to constantly renew and make brand new teams of winners, and this is probably because the backroom staff were winners

This is all to support that idea, that somehow there are enough deadwood old backroom staff in the club, who somehow have more influence than the 4-5 new coaches and staff a manager brings in, to help create this losing, 'Everton that' mentality, and even Kenwright must be like this now. I used think ex-players were really important, but then again, if they're all part of the early and mid 90s plucky little Everton mentality, then how can they help young players?
Better than that is to bring in proven winners, and like we've discussed elsewhere signing players on the up, we need coaches and staff who are also hungry and wanting to win, plus a few ex-winners.

I wonder if Tim Howard or Tim Cahill would work with Everton, and maybe Arteta in the future - they are the only three who seemed to show a winning mentality, even if they were not part of winning teams or the best players, they had the fight and desire to always win.
Your're spot on about everything, Tim Howard might be a bad shout though.

'Everton that' mentality, and even Kenwright must be like this now. /QUOTE]

Root cause. Show me any other business man that talks down his own brand. I can name one - Gerald Ratner, and what happened to his business? The plucky little Everton mentality has made me want this clown out for quite some time. That kind of thinking is a disease.