Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
I don't see why Chelsea should be given any form of dispensation. They are an asset of Roman Abramovich, and his assets are supposed to have been frozen. It's supposed to be illegal for anyone to do business with an Abramaovich owned business in the UK or abroad. They clearly can't function as a football club, so they should be booted out of the league and there should only be two relegation places this season.
You're right, of course.

London based assset worth billions, this government was never going to allow them to fold. Hell, they even gave their mate Roman a few weeks to sort things out his end. Disgrace.

That happened long before Moshiri rocked up and likely will still be the case after Moshiri has gone.

Unless a Sheikh Mansour rocks up nothing is changing and the odds of that are very small.

Just don't see the point obsessing over the fella 24/7. He's the owner who the majority of fans will never protest against because of BMD and the dough he's spent and thats that.
We spent 500m before moshiri? I don't think so. The point i made related to your "fans can do a better job" mentality. In all seriousness, I believe they might be able to. I don't obsess over Mosh but have the opinion he got it all wrong. Appointments and involvement in transfers have been questionable. I don't protest because im worried about BMD. I just simply cba. I have more important things going on in my life.

So many issues for Chelsea now going forward, cant say im sorry for them but the wider ramifications are huge.

Any sale, now if allowed under a Special License, no proceeds can go to Abramovich, no biggie to be honest but anyone know how this would affect potential buyers or future of Chelsea as a Club.

also as of today Chelsea are NOT allowed to sell any more match day tickets other than those sold already or Season Ticket holders.

Edit* Chelsea are deemed to have 28k Season Ticket holders with a near 42K Ground Capacity. massive hit on Revenue again.
It would be needed good PR for them to ballot those empty seats for free.

No you don’t, look at Fulham for example, a billionaire family who invest in the club while having stokes in fires elsewhere (American Football and Wrestling)

The same Fulham who are a yoyo club?

If Fulhams owner buys us tomorrow and wants us challenging the top 4 he would need to spend a good £300+ million which would see us in the exact same position FFP wise as we are now under Moshiri except worse as no USM sponsers propping up the accounts.

The system is rigged so clubs like us can not compete long term - even Leicester have only qualified once for the CL and are on the slide whereas the top 6 can keep spending until they get it right.

Why I wouldn't waste your efforts stressing over who owns us - unless its a gulf state we aint ever pushing on to the places this fanbase has wanted since the 80's.

City circumnavigated theirs massive losses after the first censuring by UEFA which for some reason Infantino gave them a £8 million fine instead of banning them and PSG for 2 years 6-7 years ago when he was UEFA boss, City and PSG owners just kept increasing the owner linked commercial deals to put them in profit.

Anyway this is the funding of Abramovich, Chelsea were as far away as a self sustaining club that City are, City;s claims they are self reliant is laughable PR garbage, Chelsea relied on average of Abramovich putting in £75-80 million a year into the club, City have £220 million per year of their owner putting money in every season through owner linked commercial deals., to be fair Abramovich never used any companies he had links to to plug those financial holes.

Anyway Swiss ramble posted this yesterday on his Twitter, he's done a really detailed thread on the state of Chelsea's finances, 2019 he put in an astounding £247 million into the club.

FNOoiffXwAISiLm

These kopites do love a graph.

Because your opinion boils down to “he’s spent loads of money lad” which is so childish it burns my head out.

But its not though is it?

He appointed Carlo Ancelotti

He's building us a world class stadium

He has the means to help get around the corrupt FFP rules long term via USM which very other few owners in world football have the means to.

You just refuse to look at any potential long term positives because we're stinking the gaff out on the pitch these past few seasons.

Yes its crap atm but its not a case of a new owner = success and thats what you have to acknowledge.

But its not though is it?

He appointed Carlo Ancelotti

He's building us a world class stadium

He has the means to help get around the corrupt FFP rules long term via USM which very other few owners in world football have the means to.

You just refuse to look at any potential long term positives because we're stinking the gaff out on the pitch these past few seasons.

Yes its crap atm but its not a case of a new owner = success and thats what you have to acknowledge.

There are NO potential long term positives. The long term future of the club is in the mud thanks to this crook and his cronies like Kia Joorabchian. The stadium isn’t happening, we are teetering on the brink of points deductions and his investment stream has been severed, even if we stay up this season it’s a matter of time before we’re asset stripped and subsequently relegated.

Relegation means no stadium, but the stadium is not the magic ticket to success you seem to think it is either. It adds value to the club in order for Moshiri to demand a higher price when he sells, that’s about it. We’re not going to have Sheikhs fighting over us because we’ve got a new stadium like you seem to think will happen.

Nothing short of a miracle or at least a sustained period of luck will save us from what this idiot has brought upon us. “Success” isn’t what I’m after at this point, I just want my club to exist.

Last edited:

If Fulhams owner buys us tomorrow and wants us challenging the top 4 he would need to spend a good £300+ million which would see us in the exact same position FFP wise as we are now under Moshiri except worse as no USM sponsers propping up the accounts.

The system is rigged so clubs like us can not compete long term - even Leicester have only qualified once for the CL and are on the slide whereas the top 6 can keep spending until they get it right.

Why I wouldn't waste your efforts stressing over who owns us - unless its a gulf state we aint ever pushing on to the places this fanbase has wanted since the 80's.

On one hand you uncritically support Moshiri because you, king of ambition, actually yearn for a future where Everton win the league
On the other hand you say that it's impossible to actually get to the top of the league unless we get a gulf state owner

If you really believe the second part, then surely you agree that it's better to want a competent owner rather than the one relegating us in 6 short years.

Again with the gulf state, Leicester aren’t owned by a gulf state yet have won both the league and the FA Cup in the 6 years Moshiri has been here

Again with the gulf state, Leicester aren’t owned by a gulf state yet have won both the league and the FA Cup in the 6 years Moshiri has been here

Apparently unless you’re owned by a gulf state you should just be bloody well happy with a 6 year managed decline culminating in financial ruin and relegation. What else are you asking for??

Moshiri's wealth what is it, is it all tied up in Usmanov business stock which has tanked in value now the Russian economy is at Glasnost levels of the early 90's.

Or is his wealth insulated in Western companies safe in the West?