Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
His loans were interest free with no repayment date. This move doesnt free up money to spend, dont kid yourself.

It doesnt increase T/O or profit.
That's what I can't understand whether its just consolidating the shares he's got adding to the shares or expanding the number of shares in the club. If he expands the number of shares i think it becomes available as a positive in the P&L if it's the others then its just a loan and makes no difference. I'm sure someone on here knows the answer.

A loan is a liability that has to be repaid, so it would have a value of -£100 million. It has been removed, so it must be accounted for?
Its converted to equity on the balance sheet but isnt allowed under the financial stability rules so has no effect on FFP etc.

On paper it reduces long term debt but doesnt free up 100m to spend in the short term. He would have to introduce new loans/investment to do that.

That's what I can't understand whether its just consolidating the shares he's got adding to the shares or expanding the number of shares in the club. If he expands the number of shares i think it becomes available as a positive in the P&L if it's the others then its just a loan and makes no difference. I'm sure someone on here knows the answer.
It dilutes the share value and increases his overall % of the shares.

If he was looking to walk away, is it better for us that the loan has been converted to equity because he now has to find a buyer willing to pay sufficiently to recover his costs? Rather than a loan, which presumably he has a legal right to be repaid in full from the club?

Between the lines, thats what I thought he was labelling as commitment?

Apologies if it has already been posted. It's a good summation of the mistakes made.

I believe the club needed him at the time, and still needs him now. Let’s look back at the past 8 years and work out which direction the club was going. We lost Moyes and his ability to find hidden gems for cheap, we were losing Lukaku no matter what. Under previous leadership we would have never seen that Lukaku money again and we would be sitting here asking where it is.

It was spent, albeit poorly to an extent but he did put his faith in Koeman and other management and it didn’t work.

The butterfly effect, where would Everton be since 2017 without that cash injection to bail us out, I think we would be bouncing between the Championship and PL like Newcastle. Marco Silva without money would have relegated us.

Ancellotti gave us hope, and for 9 months it was magic, it was the Everton I always hoped for. Then it went backwards in his last 4/5 months. Moshiri made a mistake with Benitez. No hiding from that.

I’m all for him buying more shares, the further commitment and ploughing cash into the club for it to be better, previously he was putting in money and he was making other shareholders richer off his money.

Sooner we stop expecting a cash cow and to use only his money the better. Know one day it’ll come together and be right. I agree with the protests, our voice helps the direction on which way to steer this club.

His statement is something, at least.

He acknowledges there are issues.

We need to see concrete action though, so any communication of disillusionment needs to continue, in my opinion.

The only role that the current board have in any strategic review is to recognise they that have no place in the club's future.

He could still appoint external independent directors to question and deal with unprofessionalism and extreme resistance to reform - why won't he?

Bill and Denise are turkeys that will not be voting for Christmas.

Nothing will change at Everton until the day Moshiri gets Kenwright out the door.

His statement is something, at least.

He acknowledges there are issues.

We need to see concrete action though, so any communication of disillusionment needs to continue, in my opinion.

The only role that the current board have in any strategic review is to recognise they they have no place in the club's future.

He could still appoint external independent directors to question and deal with unprofessionalism and extreme resistance to reform - why won't he?

Bill and Denise are turkeys that will not be voting for Christmas.

Nothing will change at Everton until the day Moshiri gets Kenwright out the door.

i agree here. but in my opinion BK is staying on to try and get the limelight if we were to ever be successful.

he’s a joke he just won’t go the muppet