Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Is that actually possible though? As in any business, if your boss really wants to do something how much power do you have to stop them? A DOF can't take it above Moshiri so all they really have is the ultimatum that they'll quit if he doesn't back off. How many times could a DOF use that tactic? Maybe they could threaten to run the youth system into the ground if he keeps up his antics....oh.
Who knows if it’s possible?

None of us have any clue what the dynamics are like within the club, only what we see from the outside.

The fact that Moshiri has responded to fan unrest on multiple occasions tells me his ego has limits, which is a good thing. He is capable of listening.

The right DoF may well be able to sway him in the right direction. I mean, that’s a hope you kind of have to cling to - otherwise we’re getting flushed down the toilet with Moshiri in charge.

Like yourself I am torn on him i have said several times that you can't fault his willingness to throw money at the club. The problem is, he can't let the football people get on with running the club day to day, he has allowed Billy liar to hang around like a bad smell and he continually embarrasses himself and the club on his mate Jim White's show.

As to the new ground, I'm made up its happening, but, I wonder, in this changing economic climate if we can afford, long term, the cost. This 5 or 6 billion will have to be repaid and I think that over the next few years there will be significantly less money in the premier league. The right time for the ground change was, and I know you agree with this, Kings Dock, we would be in a totally different league now if Bill hadn't screwed that up.

My worry is that we will be encumbered with the cost of this move long after Moshiri is gone and that the financial constraints will see us unable to compete on the pitch.

There is also the small matter that we are now seeing him back a poor manager who is quite possibility going to relegate us over the next 2 seasons.
yes. putting it bluntly, we are taking on a half billion pound debt, to get ten thousand extra seats, most of which we won't use half the time to move to a stadium with half the access routes of the current.
I mean, how the hell are we ever going to pay that debt back, and compete.

A little add on to this also

'The Football Association’s list of intermediary transactions, released this week, shows Sports Invest UK (Kia Joorabchian company) represented Arsenal in Alex Iwobi’s £35m move to Everton.'

Christ.

No words. Moshiri playing pals with his agent friends is never ending well, is it?

Joorabchian, is the mastermind behind Tevez & Mascherano to West Ham too, wasn’t he?

A little add on to this also

'The Football Association’s list of intermediary transactions, released this week, shows Sports Invest UK (Kia Joorabchian company) represented Arsenal in Alex Iwobi’s £35m move to Everton.'

Tbf I still dont see how this links Kia to Everton just because he represented Arsenal in the Iwobi deal.

Kia has signed/sold numerous players at Arsenal as he's heavily linked with them/Kroenke.

I think people are putting his nationality together and 2+2=5.

Even if he was linked its the one player - Raoila was Brands agent and Brands signed yikes Raoila client Moise Kean yet there is no public enquiry into that !!!

Christ.

No words. Moshiri playing pals with his agent friends is never ending well, is it?

Joorabchian, is the mastermind behind Tevez & Mascherano to West Ham too, wasn’t he?
Yes, i did a fair bit of reading on him last week

Tony Fernandes (ex QPR owner) said, he regrets listening to certain people, he was all around QPR around the time they had Bosingwa, Ben Haim and any other mercenary he could get there
And as you say, he lurked around West Ham, as an advisor around the Eggert Maggnusson days, then blamed everything on Curbishleys bad recruitment!

He seems to get the ear of these 'non football' owners at mid Premier League level and help the larger teams out by offloading there unwanted players to these middle clubs to free up funds for the larger clubs to buy his clients (iwobi to us frees up funds for Luiz, soares & Willian to Arsenal), just like Ben Haim & Bosingwa freed up funds for Chelsea to buy Willian.

While we are on the Chelsea note also Joorabchian had alot of clients going into Chelsea between around 08-15 (they changed director around that time and it seemed to stop)
Willian, Nathan, Kennedy, Alex Pato, David Luiz, Ramires, Lucas Piazon plus a few others.
Also around that time, right in the middle of all these players coming in, who was Chelsea manager? Rafael Benitez!!! Makes you wonder how much say Kia Joorabchian had in Moshiri hiring Benitez in the first place

Moshiri is me on Football Manager - except his decisions actually matter and have real life consequences and my decisions just get me sacked after the players revolt and I've bankrupted the club purchasing South American teen talent.

Great post mate. Footballs obviously got it's share of chancers and the serially dodgy, and this fellows name seems to be at the nexus of many stories about characters.

His connections to Benitez have the alarm bells ringing as well. Mascherano ended up at Benitez' Liverpool of course. More of the subplot falls into place.

Once again, terrific post.

Tbf I still dont see how this links Kia to Everton just because he represented Arsenal in the Iwobi deal.

Kia has signed/sold numerous players at Arsenal as he's heavily linked with them/Kroenke.

I think people are putting his nationality together and 2+2=5.

Even if he was linked its the one player - Raoila was Brands agent and Brands signed yikes Raoila client Moise Kean yet there is no public enquiry into that !!!

And Joorabchian, who is claimed to be an advisor to Everton owner Farhad Moshiri and played a role in James’ transfer to Merseyside

It was during those face-to-face talks, brokered by powerful agent Kia Joorabchian, the Iranian who advises Moshiri, that Benitez talked his way into a job he has long held an interest in.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/268266...ons-manager-search-ended-with-Rafael-benitez/

Atacante do Grêmio é observado há meses pelos Toffees, que entraram no negócio por intermédio de Kia Joorabchian

But Richarlison is also represented by super-agent Kia Joorabchian, who has been a close friend of Blues chairman Bill Kenwright since he took over the club almost 20 years ago

And in recent years Joorabchian has also forged a strong relationship with Blues majority-shareholder Farhad Moshiri.

“Then when it comes to the things that Moshiri is involved in then you have Kia Joorabchian as well. He will negotiate.”

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/288915...fighting-remain-relevant-everton-benitez-era/

While super-agents such as Kia Joorabchian and Jorge Mendes may have Moshiri’s ear

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/2637399/2021/06/08/what-type-of-club-are-everton-seeking-a-manager-for

This is part of the game though mate - Raoila and Mendes powerbroke a hell of a lot of deals between clubs in europe - as I mentioned Raoila was Brands agent and Kean was a Raoila client.

Thats how football is now even clubs with top DOF's who have full control will still have super agent influences in certain deals.

Tony Fernandes (ex QPR owner) said, he regrets listening to certain people, he was all around QPR around the time they had Bosingwa, Ben Haim and any other mercenary he could get there
And as you say, he lurked around West Ham, as an advisor around the Eggert Maggnusson days, then blamed everything on Curbishleys bad recruitment!

He seems to get the ear of these 'non football' owners at mid Premier League level and help the larger teams out by offloading there unwanted players to these middle clubs to free up funds for the larger clubs to buy his clients (iwobi to us frees up funds for Luiz, soares & Willian to Arsenal), just like Ben Haim & Bosingwa freed up funds for Chelsea to buy Willian.

While we are on the Chelsea note also Joorabchian had alot of clients going into Chelsea between around 08-15 (they changed director around that time and it seemed to stop)
Willian, Nathan, Kennedy, Alex Pato, David Luiz, Ramires, Lucas Piazon plus a few others.
Also around that time, right in the middle of all these players coming in, who was Chelsea manager? Rafael Benitez!!! Makes you wonder how much say Kia Joorabchian had in Moshiri hiring Benitez in the first place
Benitez was interim manager at Chelsea for about 10 minutes. You're clutching at straws there. However it's fair to say Joorabchian has helped shaft a number of ignorant rich people, Moshiri included.