Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters

DOF advises against bidding for Zaha...Moshiri bids and then signs Iwobi.

DOF advises against hiring a washed up manager...Moshiri hires Benitez whose performance is worst as an everton manager in decades.

Moshiri sacks DOF and supports failure of a manager.

Outragrous.

We will never know what Brands remit actually was but its funny Jordan and White were discussing Brands and not understanding his role and BOOM a week later hes gone.

The one thing I can’t get my head around is that 10% of posters are still saying they are pleased with him. Easily pleased some people.

Im personally torn on him - unlike Kenwright/Venkys/Oysten he does have his positives and deserves some credit - few owners in world football would invest what he has whilst building a top of the range ground on a world heritage site (he's personally covering stage 1 of the build which is anything upto £100 million).

But then the temptation to meddle in the club obviously goes against him.

In conclusion - he needs to stop dicking about and let the manager/DOF get on with what needs to be done.

Although when Im sat in my cushy vibrating chair at BMD I'll obviously be forever grateful.

A little add on to this also

'The Football Association’s list of intermediary transactions, released this week, shows Sports Invest UK (Kia Joorabchian company) represented Arsenal in Alex Iwobi’s £35m move to Everton.'
Just a nod to this from this the other week in light of the echo mentioning Iwobi's transfer!
Stinks

Im personally torn on him - unlike Kenwright/Venkys/Oysten he does have his positives and deserves some credit - few owners in world football would invest what he has whilst building a top of the range ground on a world heritage site (he's personally covering stage 1 of the build which is anything upto £100 million).

In conclusion - he needs to stop dicking about and let the manager/DOF get on with what needs to be done.

Although when Im sat in my cushy vibrating chair at BMD I'll obviously be forever grateful.
Like yourself I am torn on him i have said several times that you can't fault his willingness to throw money at the club. The problem is, he can't let the football people get on with running the club day to day, he has allowed Billy liar to hang around like a bad smell and he continually embarrasses himself and the club on his mate Jim White's show.

As to the new ground, I'm made up its happening, but, I wonder, in this changing economic climate if we can afford, long term, the cost. This 5 or 6 billion will have to be repaid and I think that over the next few years there will be significantly less money in the premier league. The right time for the ground change was, and I know you agree with this, Kings Dock, we would be in a totally different league now if Bill hadn't screwed that up.

My worry is that we will be encumbered with the cost of this move long after Moshiri is gone and that the financial constraints will see us unable to compete on the pitch.

There is also the small matter that we are now seeing him back a poor manager who is quite possibility going to relegate us over the next 2 seasons.

He runs the club like soneone of here would lol
This is absolutely it.

It's exactly the kind of mess I'd make of things if I was trusting my own judgement. But I am at least smart enough to know I don't know what I'm talking about on football matters.

I see a glimmer of hope, though. Moshiri's responsiveness to fan unrest suggests to me he's capable of listening and being told he's made a mistake. I wonder if we just need a strong enough DoF to stand up to him and stop his bad decisions before they are made.

This 100%!

This is absolutely it.

It's exactly the kind of mess I'd make of things if I was trusting my own judgement. But I am at least smart enough to know I don't know what I'm talking about on football matters.

I see a glimmer of hope, though. Moshiri's responsiveness to fan unrest suggests to me he's capable of listening and being told he's made a mistake. I wonder if we just need a strong enough DoF to stand up to him and stop his bad decisions before they are made.
Is that actually possible though? As in any business, if your boss really wants to do something how much power do you have to stop them? A DOF can't take it above Moshiri so all they really have is the ultimatum that they'll quit if he doesn't back off. How many times could a DOF use that tactic? Maybe they could threaten to run the youth system into the ground if he keeps up his antics....oh.