Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters

Worth posting this here - great article. Great that others in the game can see how much of a carthorse Moshiri is and how much damage he is doing by continuing to poke his head into footballing affairs he knows nothing about.

"Sadly, it is not surprising because the structure at Goodison is a mess, with the owner’s policies haphazard and his managerial shortlists always packed with coaches with vastly different personalities and playing styles. Moshiri is an owner who can one week appear to be on the verge of re-appointing David Moyes, only to change his mind with a phone call telling him Carlo Ancelotti is available. It is not the way to run a football club.

Moshiri appointed Marcel Brands, a sporting director whose track record in the Netherlands was focused on developing young players, identifying future coaching talent and generally overseeing all the football operations. It looked like Everton would follow a European model to rebuild the club.

Instead, it is hard to believe Brands has had much to do with selecting any of the managers since he took the Everton job.

In fact, in the last few years, it is hard to know what the point is of employing Brands at Everton.

Having him alongside a managerial titan such as Ancelotti, and now Benitez, is riddled with contradictions."

A clueless Iranian beancounter dangerously experimenting with the existence of a classic English football club.

If the stadium wasn't underway that feller would be on the end of a riot to get him out of the club.

We're always looking for someone to blame.
Before Mosh it was Kenright.
Before Benitez it was the snake, the fraud, the golfer, the clueless - all the way back to Catterick's days.
I wonder if people would be happy if a vile state funded takeover like say the Chinese - in the same way the Saudi's have taken over the barcodes - would be acceptable? Not for me.
Sure Mosh has made mistakes - but I see no alternatives - so let's give him a bit of time to allow his appointments to have an impact. More knee jerk bad appointments / reactions is what has plagued us for decades.

Before Benitez it was the snake, the fraud, the golfer, the clueless - all the way back to Catterick's days.
I wonder if people would be happy if a vile state funded takeover like say the Chinese - in the same way the Saudi's have taken over the barcodes - would be acceptable? Not for me.
Sure Mosh has made mistakes - but I see no alternatives - so let's give him a bit of time to allow his appointments to have an impact. More knee jerk bad appointments / reactions is what has plagued us for decades.
Couple of points,
If a business fails ultimate responsibility for that failure rests with the owner who appoints and directs the staff below him.
Moshiri has been here for something like six years now and his administration has so far failed to improve the teams standing.
We have little right to moral high ground in terms of ownership.

Give him more time to follow the same trend as the last 6 years? No thank you.

OUT OUT OUT

Couple of points,
If a business fails ultimate responsibility for that failure rests with the owner who appoints and directs the staff below him.
Moshiri has been here for something like six years now and his administration has so far failed to improve the teams standing.
We have little right to moral high ground in terms of ownership.
We haven't failed yet though have we. The new stadium is the most exciting development we've seen for years and he must be given credit for making this a reality after so many previous promises.
Granted the playing side has been pitiful - but not many argued at many of the choices made at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
It could be said we punched above our weight in the Moyes period - given the disparity in finance and we were clearly better in the market with a limited budget. Mosh certainly cannot be blamed for putting his money where his mouth is though.
If there is an ethical billionaire who's prepared to buy us then fair enough - but I see no such person on the horizon.
And yes - I think there is a moral high ground with ownership - when you compare a nation with such an appalling human rights record as a prospective owner.

His biggest failing is his absence from the club.

If he wants to be a hands off owner that's fine......but you can't trust a person with a track record of failure to lead the board like it's still the 80s.

It's a professional, cut throat business with hundreds of millions of pounds at stake. Your executive leadership team needs to be up to that task.

Our board is not even on the same chapter, let alone the same page.
I disagree, I actually think we would be much better off right now if he had taken a more hands off approach.

Instead he pushed through bad managers, awful DoF's, and was heavily involved in bad deals including Siggy and Iwobi.

Clueless man. Shows no signs of learning from his mistakes either. Will genuinely take us down if no boardroom changes are made within the next 1-2 years.

We haven't failed yet though have we. The new stadium is the most exciting development we've seen for years and he must be given credit for making this a reality after so many previous promises.
Granted the playing side has been pitiful - but not many argued at many of the choices made at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
It could be said we punched above our weight in the Moyes period - given the disparity in finance and we were clearly better in the market with a limited budget. Mosh certainly cannot be blamed for putting his money where his mouth is though.
If there is an ethical billionaire who's prepared to buy us then fair enough - but I see no such person on the horizon.
And yes - I think there is a moral high ground with ownership - when you compare a nation with such an appalling human rights record as a prospective owner.

The stadium is just pure distraction. Who actually cares about it. It makes zero impact on how succesful we will be. In fact most clubs struggle with stadium moves. The only thing I still like about the club at the minute is Goodison and we are about to lose it too.

The only thing that is relevant is what happens on the pitch and it's been a massive decline under Moshiri. His tenure has been utterly shambolic and his decision making is abysmal.