Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
This club has made an absolute show of itself in the last 5 years.

A parvenu trying to show how rich it was - and then fell flat on their face.

If you were the supporter of another club you'd laugh your bollocks off at the calamity committed here...and then you'd laugh harder still when you heard that Everton now spent less than a Div 2 team in the transfer window...and then, if that wasn't enough mirth, you'd be in complete bulk to learn that one of the key players in the disaster retains their job as Director of Football.

We are a laughing stock.

giphy.gif

We've wasted a lot of money but most clubs have in fairness Man City spent over £100 million on Ake, Otamendi & Mangala alone.

In that time We've also signed Gueye for £7 million, DCL for £1.5 million, Gray for £1.5 million, Digne for £18 million, Richarlison for £40 million who we would make atleast double our money on and also Godfrey who could have big potential for the £25 million paid.

even signed Vlasic and Lookman for fees we then made profits on.
you are comparing apples with eggs mate, what have we won and what have city won?

If you were the supporter of another club you'd laugh your bollocks off at the calamity committed here...and then you'd laugh harder still when you heard that Everton now spent less than a Div 2 team in the transfer window...and then, if that wasn't enough mirth, you'd be in complete bulk to learn that one of the key players in the disaster retains their job as Director of Football.

We are a laughing stock.
I watched a programme on bbc2 last night called Fever Pitch.
About the start of the Premier League.
Saw Philip Carter there at the meetings.

What I found striking, and I realise it was a good few years ago now, was that the total wealth of Jack Walker was £360m.
He bought the league ( although that’s next weeks show ).
So Everton have a squad now which cost more than that fellas total wealth.
Really is incredible when you think about the modern game.

you are comparing apples with eggs mate, what have we won and what have city won?

City built the team up when FFP wasn't a thing though mate.

Thankfully the rules look to be less strict in terms of spending on fees going forward from next year but even then we'll never have the opportunity that Chelsea + City had where they could spend whatever they wanted without a need to balance the books.

City built the team up when FFP wasn't a thing though mate.

Thankfully the rules look to be less strict in terms of spending on fees going forward from next year but even then we'll never have the opportunity that Chelsea + City had where they could spend whatever they wanted without a need to balance the books.
Not entirely true as they did break the rules but they didnt get punished, not really a fair or even playing field!

we are master of our destiny tho, spunked 500 million with not enough coming in to cover it, we are in some respects lucky that the covid has allowed us to declare those cumulative losses (and yes covid contributed to those figures, so i get that side of it) otherwise I guarantee that the FA may not have been so favourable with us!!

We are a laughing stock.
Sometimes I think the whole initial charade was purely a reaction to fans demands of what they saw as the main failing of the Kenwright years - money spent.

Sometimes I think the whole initial charade was purely a reaction to fans demands of what they saw as the main failing of the Kenwright years - money spent.
Moshiri wanted to underline what a dramatic shift had happened. He just didn't have the common sense to hire industry savvy people to recruit the best managers for us.

All roads lead to him. Despite the cash he's been a disaster.

Moshiri wanted to underline what a dramatic shift had happened. He just didn't have the common sense to hire industry savvy people to recruit the best managers for us.

All roads lead to him. Despite the cash he's been a disaster.

Hold on Dave, when Carlo was appointed everyone applauded including you, so looking back was he not the best manager for us?

How do you feel about Benitez? or you prefer Potter or the chap who went to Spurs, any one esle springto mind- Martinez for eample. You loved him signing up and all he had creditfor was Wigan winning the FA Cuo nowt else.

Hold on Dave, when Carlo was appointed everyone applauded including you, so looking back was he not the best manager for us?

How do you feel about Benitez? or you prefer Potter or the chap who went to Spurs, any one esle springto mind- Martinez for eample. You loved him signing up and all he had creditfor was Wigan winning the FA Cuo nowt else.
I applauded out of rekeif that the galloot was taken out of that dugout and back laying comes where he should be.

I was never really a Carlo advocate. I think I lobbied for Nuno this summer harder than I did for Ancelotti a couple of years or so ago.

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but Ol' Hairyhands Keys is claiming that Moshiri/Usmanov want to sell Everton.

On one hand, I think the guy is full of crap and comes up with these things to try to stay in the UK public's consciousness. On the other hand, you could see Moshiri getting frustrated by the glass ceiling of FPP preventing Everton breaking into the UCL, which is what he wants.

Anyway - here's the blog...

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog

I don't know if anyone else picked up on this, but Ol' Hairyhands Keys is claiming that Moshiri/Usmanov want to sell Everton.

On one hand, I think the guy is full of crap and comes up with these things to try to stay in the UK public's consciousness. On the other hand, you could see Moshiri getting frustrated by the glass ceiling of FPP preventing Everton breaking into the UCL, which is what he wants.

Anyway - here's the blog...

https://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog
With the likes of Sasha leaving not so long ago an outgoing Moshiri wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.