Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Really can’t fathom how his approval rating is as low as 54.8%
Isn't that simply a cumulative result over the last two years?

When this poll started, Marco Silva was our manager - or had just been. If you polled fresh again today, I imagine that approval would be significantly higher. You'll always have cranks, though. Remember, a significant coterie of fans used to applaud Kenwright when he appeared on the big screen at Goodison at the height of his reign of failure.

Isn't that simply a cumulative result over the last two years?

When this poll started, Marco Silva was our manager - or had just been. If you polled fresh again today, I imagine that approval would be significantly higher. You'll always have cranks, though. Remember, a significant coterie of fans used to applaud Kenwright when he appeared on the big screen at Goodison at the height of his reign of failure.
I always assumed the crowd was on a wind-up...they just wanted to see Blue Bill well-up with tears

I think everyone at time of posting was frustrated by his naivety when handling things.

Speaking for myself, i'm still angered by the summer we brought in three No.10's and didn't buy a striker, and paid out loads in wages to deadwood like Williams, Sandro and Bolasie. Then he rocked up on Talksport, which i still can't fathom.

I knew everything he did was with best intentions, but was raw to the whole executive power kind of thing, and it cost him and us a fair few bob. 2 years on from that he's managed to get the DOF thing correct (in my opinion, i know some are questionable still), brought in Ancelotti to finally match his ambition and has got terms agreed on an iconic football stadium on the waterfront.

I feel cautious, but also extremely optimistic about the presence of Usmanov, despite his dark background (what mega Billionaire oil tycoon doesn't have that though?), he's probably been the reason we can push to next level.

You've got to say, we've managed to luck out getting Moshiri, because quite simply, without he or Usmanov's investment, we're dropping down the table by now, and I won't forget the summers of flogging Arteta and googling videos of Stracqualursi's "near" misses to give me optimism.

I cant say im massively impressed by Mosh as I honestly think he's a puppet owner anyways.

My loyalty and admiration has always been with Uncle Uz. Without Uz no BMD, no Carlo and no spondooleys to spend on players.

He gets a hard time because he was the most unsuccessful chairman in our history. He didn't have the means to run the club in the way it needed to be run. I'm sure he'd admit as much. It took him 16 years to find somebody who did - and many will wonder if it really needed to be as long as that. I will give him this, though: nothing he did befits him as much as his leaving. By finding Moshiri, it is quite possible that Bill's last major act as Everton chairman was his greatest.
Michael Marsh and Peter Johnson say hi!

Last edited:

Agreed mate. With a certain Mr Usmanov in the equation also. Perhaps as a generous , benign uncle.
Wonder what certain naysayers are saying now ?.
They'll write him off as a puppet and claim Usmanov is bailing him out after seeing him flounder.

Redefining their statements to suit the narrative. They also do it when attributing signings to certain members of staff and then changing who it was as players succeed or fail.

Anything but admit a knee-jerk reaction or strongly held position based on a lack of knowledge, irrationality, emotion or imaginative fabrication was incorrect.

The bit I cant phathom is he's ploughed 400 million quid into the club, by the sounds of it soon to be atleast another 100million. Hes a business man, surely he wants to recoup what he's put in at some point? If we keep going like we have been over recent years will regular champions league qualification and that exposure offset the investment? Ie club will be valued more than what hes put in? Orrrrrr is this just a plaything for him and Unsy?