Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Well you come on here looking for a reaction.

Yet you dont like it when you find it.

Blulouie, yes I knew there would be some kind of reaction but i mean no harm but come on mate, this is a football forum where people discuss topical events and it’s not unusual that a non Evertonian would have a different point of view and I’m sure there is others who would also agree that your club, Everton F.C. is being used as a vehicle to launder dirty money.

P.S.
As my amount of Neg Rep shows, I often get a bad reaction but if I cared about that I wouldn’t continue to post my thoughts.

Im off to bed know mate, have a good night.

Blulouie, yes I knew there would be some kind of reaction but i mean no harm but come on mate, this is a football forum where people discuss topical events and it’s not unusual that a non Evertonian would have a different point of view and I’m sure there is others who would also agree that your club, Everton F.C. is being used as a vehicle to launder dirty money.

P.S.
As my amount of Neg Rep shows, I often get a bad reaction but if I cared about that I wouldn’t continue to post my thoughts.

Im off to bed know mate, have a good night.
As i said when you fully understand the meaning of The People's Club then you really shouldnt even breathe yet alone mock it.
You really dont know what it means.

Btw
Ive never neg repped anyone here.

Well theres no suggestion theres any criminality to the money involved.

Secondly, a legitimate business can hit hard times and close down.

Thirdly, if you are of a certain wealth level, you are essentially untouchable.

Everton under this ownership are a million miles away from Sunderland in league 1. The clubs who have owners who cant/won't provide liquidity are in danger of that.
And @H.H. et al

I thought with alleged money laundering 'possible' dirty money goes in and it comes out 'clean' money comes out after a shortish period of time -
Not after 6, 8, 10 yrs when the club gets sold on with a new Stadium...which hasn't even got plannjng permission.

A combination of poor initial decisions, circumstances beyond his control and not having a 'kin clue is to me more likely than money laundering

Moshiri basically just said "Watch this space for spending in January"

Inadvertently he's just told any clubs who's players we might be after to stick an extra zero or two on the price.

IF he's putting 250 million of his own money in its a thing to be thankful for, of course. IF he is doing that. If its not someone else's money or the clubs own money from TV etc.

But he really should have just provided Carlo with 250 mill in January and said turn us into challengers.

Instead he's looked for self publicity and gone all "good evening Jim" again.

This isn't me having a moan at him for a change by the way. We will see what this brings and can judge at the end of the season.

I see above that some of the
“We Must Crush/We Must Destroy,” continual Neg Repping but only do it anonymously computer nerds that I’m ignoring have started posting.
I would bet that yet again, neither have commented on the ownership/financial discussion but have completely changed the subject and are probably spreading more misinformation/lies about Spurs knowing that I won’t answer back.

Keep going with the lies and neg rep Kids.
I've got them on ignore but know they've posted. I won't answer back but can't help myself. I'm not bothered about neg rep but comment about it continuously. I'm not here to antagonise but do it over and over behind thinly veiled pot shots.

Creep

Inadvertently he's just told any clubs who's players we might be after to stick an extra zero or two on the price.

IF he's putting 250 million of his own money in its a thing to be thankful for, of course. IF he is doing that. If its not someone else's money or the clubs own money from TV etc.

But he really should have just provided Carlo with 250 mill in January and said turn us into challengers.

This isn't me having a moan at him for a change by the way. We will see what this brings and can judge at the end of the season.

Hasn't it been announced as part of the releasing of the annual accounts? Would hardly call that looking for publicity. More statutory reporting...?

The 250m he’s putting in is to ensure we have enough working capital to survive - I mean, sure, we could spend it all on players, but the club would be in administration shortly after.

How much is loads to you?

Owners over here have produced a billion to buy franchises when they're worth about what Moshiri is. I understand it seems like a lot of cash given his reported net worth but save for relegation it is a pretty safe investment.

Hes reported as officially worth around 2bn. It is regularly cavaeted with it being a cautious estimate. I have always worked to the conclusion he would be worth 50-100% more, so somewhere between 3-4bn.

It may well be that this is way out, and he is worth upwards of 4bn.

He has to make the declarations public with the accounts to comply with the law.

In fairness, the bigger issue is probably all of us fans going on about it.

Ok mate, Everton are only
“The People’s Club” for the local community and that’s fair enough but in one year Spurs gave many millions to the local community and continue to do so.

P.S.
What is it with the obsession of people bringing Liverpool into almost every conversation?

But using the peoples club is not really a dig at Spurs is it? I know a few om here might do so to wind you up a bit when you comment, but honestly I've never seen anyone use it with any thought to Spurs. I'm sure Spurs do lotsof good charity work, but I'm not sure of the relevance?

I mean the term is quite a criticised one amongst Evertonians. Lots do like it, lots dont. With respect, I think it's always quite difficult for fans of clubs in London to understand the parochial nature of a rivalry in a city with essentially a couple of top flight teams. I dont mean that as a dig, I cant get my head around being in a city with 6 or 7 different local rivals.

For Everton, to have far greater matches going support in the city is quite remarkable really. Our ground is smaller and we have not enjoyed anywhere near the success.

As for Liverpool, I am not sure there was any way for them not to be brought into that discussion in trying to explain what the Peoples club meant. It doesnt really matter what the owners may or may not have done, it's a of the clubs localism compared our city rivals.

Moshri the accountant who was given he’s Arsenal shares “by a close friend,” which Moshri then sold to purchase Everton, is obviously running the club as a means to launder money that was “stolen” from the people who live in the old Soviet Union.
It seems on here, as long as it helps Everton buy better players/buy progress up the league, nobody cares that that money should have gone to help the cash strapped communities it’s been stolen from.
“The People’s Club” eh?
Hello mate. You’re a walloping headpatting knobhead and everyone on here can see what your intentions have been on this forum for a long time with your snide posting style.

We’ve got a few decent posters who support the same club as you on here who contribute decent stuff to this forum.

I’m sure I won’t be the only one who won’t miss you for a second when that red banner hangs below your username.

The 250m he’s putting in is to ensure we have enough working capital to survive - I mean, sure, we could spend it all on players, but the club would be in administration shortly after.

Its certainly partly working capital. It does also create a fair bit of wriggle room though, that should be able to be used.

The other interesting point, is what is going to happen to clubs, who need that liquidity injection and are whose owners will not provide it over the next 12 months or so?

Its certainly partly working capital. It does also create a fair bit of wriggle room though, that should be able to be used.

The other interesting point, is what is going to happen to clubs, who need that liquidity injection and are whose owners will not provide it over the next 12 months or so?
I think more than a few Clubs might be as late as they can manage posting Accounts

I think your second point is why I think the vast majority of the extra liquidity will be left untapped for a while - at least until mass vaccination seems to be working and there’s a reasonable chance of fans returning. If other clubs do need liquidity (which many will undoubtably will), if their owners aren’t prepared to provide it they’ll likely have to find it through player sales, reductions in their wage bill and debt - if we have a lot of liquidity available when this does happen it gives us a great competitive advantage.