Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,245 92.2%

• Total voters
Given an organisation reflects its leader...

Is this man a bumbling fool who has just got lucky from his association with Usmanov?

After all, Everton seem to be bumbling from one disaster to another during his tenure.

I can’t get ‘Good evening Jim’ or the Lukaku voodoo thing out of my head when I think of him... totally bizarre stuff.

I don't think he is a "bumbling fool" but he owes everything to the great good fortune he had when Usmanov gave him the gig as his bag man IMO.

Against that defence would be the suggestion that her prioritising commercial growth should have been her number one objective from Day One of her tenure as CEO.

There appears to be a lack of any plan of how to 'grow the club globally' and without said growth we'll accelerate further into regression.

Flowery speeches with no substance will not cut the mustard, the club needs serious business people driving the commercial side of the operation and as I suggested earlier, she's a square peg in a round hole.

She was an allegedly readymade replacement for Elstone in much the same way he was the supposed readymade replacement for Wyness... why didn't the club go to the marketplace for a proven business leader to be the CEO ?
Surely commercial growth is easier for a successful team? I wouldn't invest a penny into a team about to lose it's premier league status and tv money.

Surely commercial growth is easier for a successful team? I wouldn't invest a penny into a team about to lose it's premier league status and tv money.
Don't disagree it would be easier if the team were performing, but businesses run properly need to have plans for both good and bad times, we appear to have neither.

And heaven forbid we lose our premier league status mate, cos that would certainly see a cancelling of the BMD stadium project.

Apart from managerial appointments we are streets ahead of where we have been for the last thirty years.
We have a new stadium project which does appear to be going through,
We have been spending large sums of money on players( good value or not is a different question)
We have appointed a well regarded DOF( some people expected instant success which was never realistic).

The building blocks seem to be in place for the club to drive forward, but the most important person at a football club is the manager and in this we seem to completely lack ambition.

That reminds me of the question Mrs. Lincoln was allegedly asked as she left Ford’s Theatre.......”apart from that, what did you think of the play?”

It doesn’t matter how well we are doing off the field, if things are bad on the field there will be discontent in the stands.

And as how we are doing on the field is down to the ability of the manager, Moshiri’s failure to recruit a decent manager will continue to drag the project down.

are we even looking to grow commercially ???

apart from bagging a new arm sponsor , which every club has done, and obviously a shirt sponsor, which wasn't much better than the chang deal.... what have we actually done to make ourselves more commercially viable ??

usmanov has given us a dodgy training ground sponsorship, but that hardly does a lot really.

I just don't see us doing anything of any note ... yes weve had little bits here and there (e'toro) but so have lots of clubs.

would be great to here of a partnership with a company that was worth 100's millions over a few seasons... like the big clubs seem to be looking for all the time

I wont be holding my breath, even when this stadium (if built) comes good.

we wont get any naming rights if the likes of spurs and west ham are struggling to find one and they are based in the world wide financial hub that is London, so I wouldn't go thinking Evertons new ground will even make any huge financial gains on a massive naming rights deal.

oh and im sure we extended the god awful kitbag deal ???? ???? ??? who even does this kind of crap ?

Last edited:

apart from bagging a new arm sponsor , which every club has done, and obviously a shirt sponsor, which wasn't much better than the chang deal.... what have we actually done to make ourselves more commercially viable ??

usmanov has given us a dodgy training ground sponsorship, but that hardly does a lot really.

I just don't see us doing anything of any note ... yes weve had little bits here and there (e'toro) but so have lots of clubs.

would be great to here of a partnership with a company that was worth 100's millions over a few seasons... like the big clubs seem to be looking for all the time

we wont get any naming rights if the likes of spurs and west ham are struggling to find one and they are based in the world wide financial hub that is London, so I wouldn't go thinking Evertons new ground will even make any huge financial gains on a massive naming rights deal.
We're [Poor language removed] mate, that's why we get crap sponsorship deals.

oh and im sure we extended the god awful kitbag deal ???? ???? ??? who even does this kind of crap ?

To get a sponsor like you are projecting is not easy. The sponsor has to be willing to come to our club no matter where we are in the league. The name Everton does not ring bells for a big sponsor as it is little known. Go back to BK and Johnson for the failings are there not in the current lot except the awful position whjich is down to Silva.

Moshiri has a financial tiger/ money pit (much of which he dug himself it has to be said) by the tail, he can't let go to get out of the hole.
Its Stadium or bust, both figuratively and literally for Him.

All you have to do bulbhead is sack Silva, appoint Mourinho - then suddenly you'll see more TV appearances, more sponserships, more interest in EFC as a brand, better players wanting to join, chance of more success on the pitch.

Its not hard Farhad just get it done whilst his stock is low and out of a job - stop waiting for an excuse to hire some dud on the cheap to then have to pay said dud off in a season or two after. Gurr.

All you have to do bulbhead is sack Silva, appoint Mourinho - then suddenly you'll see more TV appearances, more sponserships, more interest in EFC as a brand, better players wanting to join, chance of more success on the pitch.

Its not hard Farhad just get it done whilst his stock is low and out of a job - stop waiting for an excuse to hire some dud on the cheap to then have to pay said dud off in a season or two after. Gurr.

All you have to do is convince the greatest manager of the last 20 years to give up everything he believes in to come and fight for 8th with Everton.

Come on Mosh, do the impossible or I will scream and scream and shout.