Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,238 92.0%

• Total voters
Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable
Until the time he decides he wants to charge interest ?

His calculations include 10,000 walk in fans and an increase on current season tickets by 10,000 also I think, that's on top of our current match day regulars. Somehow can't see that happening... Unless we become champions league regulars soon or start winning cups soon then I really can't see us increasing or match day attendance 20,000 when our max attendance last season was under 39k. I said this to him on twitter like but he wasn't having it, nor were his followers. I personally think the club have got the numbers right with 52-55k seater with safe standing allowing us up to 60k.

I'm confused here, because plenty of times I've seen the attendance at the game being over 39k. In fact the only time I've seen it less then that is when the away team has a poor showing. According to dbb we've sold out ever leauge game for the last 3 season's.

I'm confused here, because plenty of times I've seen the attendance at the game being over 39k. In fact the only time I've seen it less then that is when the away team has a poor showing. According to dbb we've sold out ever leauge game for the last 3 season's.
Yeah I forgot to edit the post, our max was just over 39k. Got the max and lowest attendance mixed up from memory. The point I'm making is still the same however. Got the numbers from this.
D9DNKPsXUAIUCZ9.jpeg

until we get rid of the enthusiastic amatuers , running the club and replace them with people who actually understand how football works then we will be forever lagging behind in a commercial sense..

I was kind of hoping Marcel Brands may have made some senior appointments , as he , out of everyone at the club, fully understands how all this works.

heres hoping they finally employ you mate

Until the time he decides he wants to charge interest ?
We have facilities with banks so it is a pretty safe bet that an undertaking has been given that the loans are unsecured, interest free and subordinated.

*Pretty much borne out by them being shown in the capital part of the balance sheet. Can't remember/be arsed checking the relevant note on the accounts

Yes but that debt is off Evertons books which allows the club to have better finance options from the banks, we were paying a stupid amount of interest on those debts which were stopping the company from growing as a business

Moshiri taking the debt off Everton is like a reset on the business side of things allowing the club to be run better and smarter than before, the debt still needs paying of course, but it no longer amounts massive interest payments, Moshiri will get paid back when the business is healthy and profitable

I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

I’ve been saying it on here for a couple years mate, we are in our worst financial state as a business in our history. We are posting a loss this year of about 71 mill (after selling Vlasic) and carrying big external debt. Not to mention the wage bill being unsustainable. We are in a worse position then pre take over financially currently. That’s before we look to fund a ground. You know I’m not a man to jump on an owner if I don’t think it’s justified. But I’m concerned about us, our running and ownership and where it’s all heading.

Worryingly Moshiri buying shares last week to 75% means theoretically he can change the nature of the unsecured loans to us and look for repayment.

Without being drip fed again (you know I’m not a fan) the business is in a shocking state and can’t stand on its own two feet.

No one cares though, as long as we drink the KoolAide look like we’re signing players and have 3D images of grounds.

Moshiri looks like he’s taking big risks with our welfare to me, unless he wants to pump more wedge in, but even if he does he now has the means to trigger repayment now.
I think the key thing is everyone wants a positive owner myself included, everyone wants to hope and progress. It’s hard to argue with cold hard numbers though. Losses, debt, wage bill, living beyond our income.

Getting to 75% of shares has made me suspicious, he can now call in any investment now or in the future deemed previously as unsecured or termed equity unopposed by any shareholders.

The stadium will happen in my personal opinion, I think it’s part of the motivation toward an end game, but the smoking gun is going to be the funding model.

Fundamentally, what’s guiding me here is the business is a mess verging on basket case and instead of putting the breaks on (should have been done last summer) weve speeded up, using largely credit and debt and we don’t look like stopping.

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

His calculations include 10,000 walk in fans and an increase on current season tickets by 10,000 also I think, that's on top of our current match day regulars. Somehow can't see that happening... Unless we become champions league regulars soon or start winning cups soon then I really can't see us increasing or match day attendance 20,000 when our max attendance last season was under 39k. I said this to him on twitter like but he wasn't having it, nor were his followers. I personally think the club have got the numbers right with 52-55k seater with safe standing allowing us up to 60k.
Thing is, you're forgetting all the evidence of what is typically a 20% upift in attendances wherever a club has moved into a new, and larger, stadium. For the life of me I can't understand why that invariably happens but it clearly does. On this basis the powers that be, and the so-called experts helping with matters related to the size of BMD, must surely be starting from an assumption that says that even without any improvement in on field matters we'd be selling c 48,000 straightaway. So to be going for a capacity of only 4,000 above this can only reflect a complete lack of ambition and an expectation that results will not see any significant improvement.

I think we can fill a 55,000 seater stadium but I do agree with your actual point. The numbers the esk use do seem off.
I think that's we'll end up with too. There was talk of 60k with safe standing i think so for big match days that would be fine. I think the club have got it right on this. Imagine 5k or more empty seats on most match days.

Thing is, you're forgetting all the evidence of what is typically a 20% upift in attendances wherever a club has moved into a new, and larger, stadium. For the life of me I can't understand why that invariably happens but it clearly does. On this basis the powers that be, and the so-called experts helping with matters related to the size of BMD, must surely be starting from an assumption that says that even without any improvement in on field matters we'd be selling c 48,000 straightaway. So to be going for a capacity of only 4,000 above this can only reflect a complete lack of ambition and an expectation that results will not see any significant improvement.
Is 55k not the hinted at final figure?

I think a couple of posts off @Neiler last night put this debt situation into context:

Whatever way you cut it ("off the books" etc), the reality is that the club have the best part of a £350M debt hanging over it from personal loans, corporate borrowing and a credit facility.

That should concentrate minds more than Gomes re-signing (as good as that news is).

Cheers Dave for the Neiler posts prtrays a very different picture to what most of us have seen. It is indeed worrying.

We have facilities with banks so it is a pretty safe bet that an undertaking has been given that the loans are unsecured, interest free and subordinated.

*Pretty much borne out by them being shown in the capital part of the balance sheet. Can't remember/be arsed checking the relevant note on the accounts
Accepted - and if he pays them off he'd be under no obligation.

Apart from that isn't reality is it because Moshiri has converted his loans into equity, one of the many thing you are wrongfully calling him out on.

You sir are a joke, a man who makes up lies to attack our club and not only expects to get away with these untruths but demands to be believed. You purposefully derail every thread with outlandish accusations. Do everyone on this forum a favour and please go away till you can stop with the lying and deception.

It's also very noticeable how you stay away from this forum when everton are doing well but when we are doing badly you seem to spend every waking minute on here.

Very worrying.

Apart from that isn't reality is it because Moshiri has converted his loans into equity, one of the many thing you are wrongfully calling him out on.

You sir are a joke, a man who makes up lies to attack our club and not only expects to get away with these untruths but demands to be believed. You purposefully derail every thread with outlandish accusations. Do everyone on this forum a favour and please go away till you can stop with the lying and deception.

It's also very noticeable how you stay away from this forum when everton are doing well but when we are doing badly you seem to spend every waking minute on here.
You're wrong. The Echo are wrong. What a surprise.