Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 108 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,234 92.0%

• Total voters
City have never broken a world record for a player in a position (unless maybe years and years back) whereas the RS broke the record in two consecutive windows for two positions.

Yet city are the money bags. Liverpool are buying £40m, £50m players to sit in their bench and do you know all I hear is "everton spent £100m last summer, £200m in the last two years".

Never hear a peep from the media over their spending, especially when it was horrific.

Since Moshiri arrived, Everton has a higher net spend than Liverpool. The same is true is you start from the date Klopp arrived. Of course, that doesn’t include agent fees or salary, but it does explain what you hear in the press. Liverpool are trying the compete with City. Have you seen City’s bench? I don’t think anyone isn’t saying that Everton are really competing with City.

Since Moshiri arrived, Everton has a higher net spend than Liverpool. The same is true is you start from the date Klopp arrived. Of course, that doesn’t include agent fees or salary, but it does explain what you hear in the press. Liverpool are trying the compete with City. Have you seen City’s bench? I don’t think anyone isn’t saying that Everton are really competing with City.

Yeah, you've mentioned a few times our net spend is more than the RS. But that's only fees. I think it's not beyond the realms that they probably do a bit of lying on their sales based on massively inflated prices of players who have done very little like Coutinho, ibe, ward and solanke.

At the end of that day, the money spent on our two record transfers is the same as what the RS can spend on players to sit on the bench, like keita, Fabinho and oxlade-chsmberlain.

I was merely talking about comparisons between city and the RS, so no idea how we came into the equation here. Was just stating how we get used as an example for big spending, yet they never get talked about in those terms, despite decades of what we've done for just two years.

Yeah, you've mentioned a few times our net spend is more than the RS. But that's only fees. I think it's not beyond the realms that they probably do a bit of lying on their sales based on massively inflated prices of players who have done very little like Coutinho, ibe, ward and solanke.

Net spend is imprecise because it doesn’t include agent fees and salary. Liverpool have spent about £70m in agent fees over two seasons. But I don’t get your point about inflated prices for players? Are you saying that the prices in the press are inaccurate? If you think they are just too high, well that’s the market, and applies to players bought as well as sold.

Not doubting they aren't, just making the point they've never broken a position record,unlike them.

Who do you think was the most expensive defender in the World before the other lot signed Van Dijk. It was Laporte, guess who was the most expensive defender in the World before City signed Laporte. It was John stones. City have twice broken the record for the most expensive defender.

It’s amazing that the RS won’t win the PL despite their only losing 1 game. Supporting Everton is the way to go imo...our lion hearts put their supporters out of their hopefulness very early in every season.

Who do you think was the most expensive defender in the World before the other lot signed Van Dijk. It was Laporte, guess who was the most expensive defender in the World before City signed Laporte. It was John stones. City have twice broken the record for the most expensive defender.

Meh. I don't care when teams pour money into their team. The only reason the RS doesn't is because they're their owners 2nd or more likely 3rd most important team. They're a marketing scheme. It's all to save face. City is that ownership focus imo.

FSG doesn't care about football.

I hope we try to follow the spurs model to be honest. Weve had a go at spending huge sums to make us competitive, we should have spent it better like. Have a plan and a strategy for how the whole club moves forward. Lately theres been comments from silva about the youth system and aligning that with our first team model so looks like we at least have a plan in place now for the future. Before we just chucked huge quantities of money around with no plan and hoped for the best.

Even city from the start had a strategy to get to where they are now, everything was a built around making them competitive with a view to recruiting pep. It sounds like he was their man from the very early stages of that project and everything since has been gradually putting the tools in place to attract him and keep him. Spurs have had some good fortune along the way with the huge money they received for bale and modric and how poch has turned out but again theyve had a plan and given it time. They're at the other end of the hill to where we were though, they need to stay competitive by keeping their best players which is something I personally think they will struggle with. We need to assemble a squad that is consistent enough to compete with 6th and 5th next season and keep adding to it. An area I think we are lacking at the moment is the step up in quality from the youth sides, we have promising youngsters but they dont seem to take that step up to make a permanent claim for a starting spot. It's a weird thing to say considering how many youth players make their way into our squads.

Meh. I don't care when teams pour money into their team. The only reason the RS doesn't is because they're their owners 2nd or more likely 3rd most important team. They're a marketing scheme. It's all to save face. City is that ownership focus imo.

Not sure I agree with the last part. War with Qatar is the main focus of City’s ownership.

Fsg bought a club, made it into a top 4 team, made a 60k stadium and then sold it for triple/quadruple the price they bought it for.
Same as abramovich has done and what moshiri is trying to do

Net spend is imprecise because it doesn’t include agent fees and salary. Liverpool have spent about £70m in agent fees over two seasons. But I don’t get your point about inflated prices for players? Are you saying that the prices in the press are inaccurate? If you think they are just too high, well that’s the market, and applies to players bought as well as sold.

Well stating that Coutinho was sold for £140mil or whatever it was when the downpayment was around £80mil is a bit of an odd one.

Same with Suarez and the boatload of others with inflated fees in the media to appease the cult.

Man City or its fans don't claim otherwise though - that's the difference. Your lot claim to be paupers, fighting the oil clubs on a shoestring, when you spend just as much.

Fsg bought a club, made it into a top 4 team, made a 60k stadium and then sold it for triple/quadruple the price they bought it for.
Same as abramovich has done and what moshiri is trying to do

Did fsg sell it? They're still listed as the owners, maybe just majority ownership? I think that clown lebron James has a minority stake.