Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Mourinho guarantees trophies. Legend of the game. I'd absolutely love him, can't understand the logic of those who say he's not right for us.

He would inevitably want assurances of transfer budgets and ambitions, which (in my mind) means that if he did come, it would really back up the rhetoric FM and co have been putting out there for the last couple of years.

After Porto he's only succeeded at a club which buys loads of players and has a huge transfer budget. We would be an experiment for him, and I'd much rather experiment on a manager and set of players who want to grow together and build their careers, than someone who will build a team only for it to be dismantled after 3 years.

Not far behind Spurs when this fraud came in to now absolutely miles behind.
It's what happens when you have top analytical scouting and the proper people at the top of the club with a business acumen.

No surprise that both English clubs still in the CL have both those attributes and have been punching above their weight the last 3-4 years.

The Manchester clubs just throw money hoping it sticks because they can do that because they are filthy rich, seems Moshiri followed the Manchester club way, the only problem is Moshiri and the club are not rich enough for modern day football.

10 years ago we were a better team than Spurs, within that time period, we've also outspent them.

Just shows the importance of having the right people involved at a club.

They've got a ruthless businessman in Daniel Levy as chairman, we've got the blundering fool that is Bill Kenwright still in-situ.

This summer should see a clear out of the board, with industry experts brought in.

The other thing about Levy and Spurs is they don’t hesitate when they think a manager’s time is up.

None of this “he needs time and three or four windiws to fetch his own men in” mallarkey.

If it ain’t working.....out comes the axe.

AVB and Sherwood there a year apiece before they hit on Poch.

The other thing about Levy and Spurs is they don’t hesitate when they think a manager’s time is up.

None of this “he needs time and three or four windiws to fetch his own men in” mallarkey.

If it ain’t working.....out comes the axe.

AVB and Sherwood there a year apiece before they hit on Poch.

Or, they flailed about in a clueless manner for about 10 years, ended up at 2nd bottom, bought 'Arry in, done ok, then poached Poch. Who had done an ok job at Southampton.

Some would say we might have saved us about 6 years.

Mourinho guarantees trophies. Legend of the game. I'd absolutely love him, can't understand the logic of those who say he's not right for us.

He would inevitably want assurances of transfer budgets and ambitions, which (in my mind) means that if he did come, it would really back up the rhetoric FM and co have been putting out there for the last couple of years.

True this. Mourinho demands ambition and a transfer budget to match.

Time for Moshiri to put his money where his mouth is and hire someone who will not accept mid table obscurity.

Would he do it? I doubt it. But let's see.

It's what happens when you have top analytical scouting and the proper people at the top of the club with a business acumen.

No surprise that both English clubs still in the CL have both those attributes and have been punching above their weight the last 3-4 years.

The Manchester clubs just throw money hoping it sticks because they can do that because they are filthy rich, seems Moshiri followed the Manchester club way, the only problem is Moshiri and the club are not rich enough for modern day football.

You're seriously the saddest person on this forum. Let me guess, the £2bn the RS have spent since they last won the league doesn't count because its all about net spend.

You're seriously the saddest person on this forum. Let me guess, the £2bn the RS have spent since they last won the league doesn't count because its all about net spend.

That's the thing if the RS win the league (sick in my mouth) it will be how they beat the oil rich club, completely ignoring the fact they've done nothing but spend money for the league for how many years

Kin gobshites

That's the thing if the RS win the league (sick in my mouth) it will be how they beat the oil rich club, completely ignoring the fact they've done nothing but spend money for the league for how many years

Kin gobshites

City have never broken a world record for a player in a position (unless maybe years and years back) whereas the RS broke the record in two consecutive windows for two positions.

Yet city are the money bags. Liverpool are buying £40m, £50m players to sit in their bench and do you know all I hear is "everton spent £100m last summer, £200m in the last two years".

Never hear a peep from the media over their spending, especially when it was horrific.

City have never broken a world record for a player in a position (unless maybe years and years back) whereas the RS broke the record in two consecutive windows for two positions.

Yet city are the money bags. Liverpool are buying £40m, £50m players to sit in their bench and do you know all I hear is "everton spent £100m last summer, £200m in the last two years".

Never hear a peep from the media over their spending, especially when it was horrific.

Dunno yano, City do seem to have spent a LOT of money.

city.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_association_football_transfers

Until the RS signed Van Dijk the list of the most expensive defenders in the world was.

1. Laporte £57.2m
2. Walker £53m
3. Mendy £ 52m
5. Stones £47.5m

They also paid 30m+ for both Otamendi and Mangala.

Keepers before Alisson

2. Ederson £40m.