Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 108 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,234 92.0%

• Total voters

If Moyes had stayed - why?

This is a man who took over one of the most affluent clubs in the world and went straight in to try to buy Baines and Fellaini... The guy just doesn't have the "big time" winning mentality and I think he would squander the money on mediocre dross in the same way Steve Walsh and Koeman did.

This is a man who took over one of the most affluent clubs in the world and went straight in to try to buy Baines and Fellaini... The guy just doesn't have the "big time" winning mentality and I think he would squander the money on mediocre dross in the same way Steve Walsh and Koeman did.

I hear you on them points and agree he'd likely fail if he came back now but had he stayed instead of going when he had us playing good stuff and finished 6th. Had Moshiri came in then and kept Moyes id say we would have been series champions league contenders. Adding to our well oiled machine.

Baines was a great player at the time.

He only signed 2 players for United - largely the fault of Woodward - Mata and Fellaini. Both were still there 2 managers later until recently.
Really don’t think Moyes would have signed the likes of Bolasie, Klassen or Sandro.

We’ve become something worse than being bad, we’ve become boring. We’re just a nothingness. No one cares what we do, we never trouble the Top 6, we hardly ever put a cup run together, our seasons are usually over by January.

Moshiri has came in and we’ve carried on being a non-entity in the scheme of the game.

After all that fanfare, in the words of our chairman:

‘The plans this man has got for this club!’

The season ticket slogan ‘Nothing will ever be the same’

Three years on and we’re scaling everything back, just accepting that we’re behind the likes of even Wolves and West Ham in the pecking order.

Just one big shambles from top to bottom.