Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri had limited knowledge about football, that was gathered from his interviews last season

The panorama one "if someone gives you £5 it's your £5" was a stunning comment from a working professional who is also a billionaire.
It's something a 18 year old caught selling drugs would say to the police.

If he had no knowledge of football he should of appointed someone to run the club for him.

Which is why Kenwright should have been retired and why a proper DOF was hired

This feller is going to find out what's what now that Liverpool have come out of the doldrums.

He better get a stadium built and a team competitive or people are going to be hurling themselves onto his Bentley just like they did Hamperman's all those years ago.

Too many of our fans are happy plodding along in midtable as they think thats all this club is capable of nowadays.

The fanbase of days gone by would have made their feelings known, these days im not so sure.

...and while he's been there their local rival (us) have been doing what? Nothing....and United have been pretty poor too for most of that period.

Henry and Moshiri's experiences will be stark by comparison.

As said: if this feller thinks he can arse about with pipe dreams for another few years while Liverpool are cleaning up he is in for a massive shock.
Take the rose-tinted glasses off Dave

The amount of money this beaut is wasting on hiring and firing managers and he hasn't even got the sense to hire a good one, he could of just topped the managers wage record and still had millions to burn, an absolute idiot.

Exactly.

Make Zidane, Emery, Mancini, Conte, Nagellsman, Blanc etc one of the worlds highest paid managers and we would be up there with the funds spent on players.

I actually hope the FA give us a points deduction for the Silva tapping up just to show him up for his sheer stupidity.

Exactly.

Make Zidane, Emery, Mancini, Conte, Nagellsman, Blanc etc one of the worlds highest paid managers and we would be up there with the funds spent on players.

I actually hope the FA give us a points deduction for the Silva tapping up just to show him up for his sheer stupidity.

Listen to how utterly delusional that sounds, Zidane wouldn't give us the time of day, neither would Blanc. Conte and Mancini are two more examples, like Mourinho and Wenger (previous suggestions of yours) of comfort zoning, i.e managers from the same league, the only one of that list is Nagellsman that is gettable but even then it would be a seriously stupid amount to pay when we'd be paying off 4 other managers

Listen to how utterly delusional that sounds, Zidane wouldn't give us the time of day, neither would Blanc. Conte and Mancini are two more examples, like Mourinho and Wenger (previous suggestions of yours) of comfort zoning, i.e managers from the same league, the only one of that list is Nagellsman that is gettable but even then it would be a seriously stupid amount to pay when we'd be paying off 4 other managers

Plus the same guy asking for Nagellsman is moaning about Silva having no track record of winning stuff.

Exactly.

How many points do you think they should deduct for the tapping up to make a proper example of Moshiri?

Not that we are comparable to city when they got their cash injection but they still had mark Hughes as manager then. The same mark Hughes who's been sacked twice in the same calendar year. They had a plan and implemented an organisational structure that allowed them to get the man they wanted, 8 years it's taken them to get to where they are. Marco silva is a good coach, him and brands have a plan you've just got to look at the players theyve brought in this season. We are in inconsistent but that's to be expected imo given the first 11 changes.

Digne
Zouma
Richarlison
Bernard
Andre gomes

Last season we lined up with:

Baines
Jagielka
Tosun
Davies
Schneiderlin

We are moving forward, it's clearly a work in progress and theres a lot of work to do to change the mentality of the squad but also the club as a whole. We've talked about competing for a long time now but not done it. Compare the talk coming out of our club vs the talk coming out from spurs who are competing now. Stop saying. Start doing.

The manager and his team need more time. I dont think we are good enough and understand the frustration but hes been here less than 6 months. We've gone from being antifootball last season to playing some genuinely good stuff at times this season. I do think we've been badly unlucky this season but you make your own luck. More time with the squad, a few more winners in the squad and we will be closer. The gap to the top 6 is huge. Remove Mourinho from the equation and the top 6 would be out of site by now, to everyone not just Everton. Yes we've invested and largely spunked money away but who hasn't in this league? The transfers this season have been spot on. Here's hoping 2019 is a better year for us but the signs are encouraging which is more than can be said for this time last year.

Exactly.

None on that list will come here. You have to be realistic, has any mid table club in Europe's top 5 league in the last 10-20 years ever had an established elite name manager,no as they don't want to risk tarnishing their managerial record.

I'm sure Moshiri has sounded some big names out but you'll never know because they flat out refused and he's not going to go blabbering to the press saying "i asked Carlo and Antonio but they said no"

If those on the list you named want a job in the PL it will be the big 6 the same way a big name elite world class player would give the big swerve, The top 6 will always get the big names as they are the clubs as they are the ones with the big budgets and offer the best chance to manage in the premier competition of the Champions League.