Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Newcastle have just signed a 7.5m sleeve sponsor deal. (Our main shirt sponsor is only 10m). Their sleeve sponsor is partly owned by their owners.
Just wait for them to announce the main sponsor, I'm sure I read they cancelled last year's earlier than planned.

Bearing in mind a sleeve sponsor is usually about 20% of the main.... 37.5m a year from Saudia Airlines? Neom? Saudi Tourism? (beautiful, by the way)

Other clubs can whine about fair value, but the bar is already set. In 18 months their revenues will be right up there.

Just wait for them to announce the main sponsor, I'm sure I read they cancelled last year's earlier than planned.

Bearing in mind a sleeve sponsor is usually about 20% of the main.... 37.5m a year from Saudia Airlines? Neom? Saudi Tourism? (beautiful, by the way)

Other clubs can whine about fair value, but the bar is already set. In 18 months their revenues will be right up there.

Which is what we would have had under Usmanov for BMD had all this Ukraine carry on not happened.

We need an arab state takeover.

I know. I imagine it will be a deal to the sort of level of Chelseas deals etc. In 18 months, that might be relevant, but the deal will be done now and will be totally out of proportion with all the other currently mid table clubs.

We did some strange agreements linked to USM liie angry birds, and even the naming rights, but we didn't take enough advantage of it all.

Just for comparison.
FB_IMG_1657009740896.jpg

Last edited:

My point in all this is why didn’t moshiri/usmanov blag our sponsorship deals if only so you don’t end in a position of having to flog richarlison to keep our heads above the ffp water - just doesn’t seem v savvy at all

My point in all this is why didn’t moshiri/usmanov blag our sponsorship deals if only so you don’t end in a position of having to flog richarlison to keep our heads above the ffp water - just doesn’t seem v savvy at all
They did, more than anyone outside the top six, we just wasted all the money.

For Newcastle, they are basically starting (in January) from a position of needing to replace every single player, bar maybe one or two, to be able to consistently challenge the top six. Spurs's second team is worth more than Newcastle's first. So that's probably around 400M in transfer fees, given that not all of them will be successful you should budget around 6-700M on transfers alone.

The stories suggesting they only want to spend 100M this summer says to me that they have no real intention of catching the top six in the next few years...

Arsenal/Spurs have a revenue 250M or so higher than Newcastle, so long term, via a mixture of really good management and luck, they need to close that gap in income or they won't get close. 40M here or there on sponsorship isn't going to cut it.

Difference being everything under the USM umbrella is ran as a business.

Deals for Newcastle, Man City, PSG etc are all going to be sponsored by companies at least 50/60% owned by the state.

I'm actually surprised USM group companies sponsored us as much as they did. No wonder our commercial team struggle now that's off the table, they didn't have to do anything pre-sanctions.

Have the rules changed on this?

It isn't long ago that there had to be "fair value" for commercial sponsorship. City can argue that their deals pass that test given their status, but Newcastle surely could not?

If that's thrown out of the window also now then we've been stitched up royally.

Have the rules changed on this?

It isn't long ago that there had to be "fair value" for commercial sponsorship. City can argue that their deals pass that test given their status, but Newcastle surely could not?

If that's thrown out of the window also now then we've been stitched up royally.
City and Newcastle both have the same status as Premier League clubs.

Theres not a chance a good lawyer couldnt argue that point.

It's not so much that, there are people who think today's problems were not caused by Farhad but were caused by Bill.
The club Moshiri bought he has destroyed, by himself
Moshiri kept Bill as Chairman. The role of a Chairman is to implement the strategy and policy on behalf of the owner, to appoint board members and to oversee effectively shareholder communication.

If you review the current sh1t show you can see that the strategy and policy was a mess. He appointed DBB who’s role was to grow the business (failed miserably). Shareholder and fanbase communication is at an all time low.

If I was the owner of a business run like this the entire board including the chairman would be booted for gross incompetence.

I’m not a Bill hater but he’s made a complete cake and arse party of it all and he needs to f..k off.

They did, more than anyone outside the top six, we just wasted all the money.

For Newcastle, they are basically starting (in January) from a position of needing to replace every single player, bar maybe one or two, to be able to consistently challenge the top six. Spurs's second team is worth more than Newcastle's first. So that's probably around 400M in transfer fees, given that not all of them will be successful you should budget around 6-700M on transfers alone.

The stories suggesting they only want to spend 100M this summer says to me that they have no real intention of catching the top six in the next few years...

Arsenal/Spurs have a revenue 250M or so higher than Newcastle, so long term, via a mixture of really good management and luck, they need to close that gap in income or they won't get close. 40M here or there on sponsorship isn't going to cut it.
Only way to close the gap is through good/best recruitment and the best youth policy in the country...ffp will make it imposible otherwise to come close to those top 6.