Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Disclaimer; This is long - force yourselves for once.
Via Simon Harrison and Toffeeweb.

Recently, I had learnt that an 'associate' of mine, has a very, very good friend who works at EFC, within the Empire itself.

I was greatly surprised when said associate asked if I would care to join them and their friend for lunch yesterday. Of course, I agreed, and we all met at a local hostelry.

Obviously, I can't disclose who the person is, or what job role they have, other than they are middle-management within the Footballing administration side of the organisation. I'll refer to them as Q.

More or less at the start of the conversation, I was invited to ask anything I'd like to by Q, but, an answer could only be provided if it wasn't deemed sensitive by Q.

I started off by asking Q what they thought of the state of the club, and how the season could be saved.

Shockingly, Q replied, that they and a great number of management, think that EFC internally is a 'total shambles'.
There IS a definite 'Us and them' mentality between the pro-BK clique, and the rest. As well as a major issue with a 'little empire' mentality that is rife within EFC.

Apparently, if your face doesn't fit, or you make waves and rock the boat, then you're toast basically. Not to mention, that you're usually questioned by management, if your work doesn't toe the 'party line'; which, in turn makes your job much harder because of constant interference.

QED Chris Perkins, former EFC Head of Academy Recruitment. Apparently he was supported by Brands and Steinsson, but was constantly undermined in his role by other staff within the academy. When Perkins realised that Brands couldn't help (as indeed Brands was being hamstrung within the academy too), he made himself available, and the Spurs moved in for him.

As for the season, Q was quite ambivalent about what may transpire. Obviously Q 'hopes' we stay up for the obvious reasons of job security and EFC maintaining EPL status. Yet, Q also feels that 'if' EFC were relegated, then maybe, but not certainly, change may come about.

One thing Q did say, is that relegation is anathema to the clubs hierarchy, as the loss of revenue and status would more or less doom the immediate future for the club. In other words it would mean the current setup would be financially untenable, or in other words, there would be a financial implosion.

I.e. There would be immense outgoings and debt to service, yet there would be a huge reduction in revenue streams and income. Ergo, most players of any quality would have to be sold, and the club's workforce would have to be radically downsized; but for all that, the hierarchy would probably try and hang onto the reins, and claim only they can get promotion quickly back to the EPL.

I was stunned by the openness of these admissions.

There are also 'rumours' within the club that Mr. Moshiri, is currently considering all options for the future of the club... Up to, and including selling the club.

This coincided with listening to Paul the Esk's 'Talking the blues' podcast last night (23.1.22). In which Paul suggested that Moshiri may make a compulsory share purchase option, and buy up all the remaining shares of EFC the private company, which would include the shares owned by Kenwright. This would then obviously give Moshiri absolute control of the club, with no regards for any 'minority' shareholders at all. That thought makes me shudder...

Yet, Q made it clear, that as far as they are aware, the BMD project, is being pushed as hard as it can. I.e. regards finding finance. (NB Don't be surprised if a Russian lender, or organisation that operates in the Oligarch circles, provide the final finances needed.)

Q also mentioned that changes (some major) are going to be made within the footballing system, from the first team, to the Academy (especially!) and USMFF.

When asked about the manger situation; as Q is not privy to the highest echelons of the clubs, Q has heard nothing about a final decision having been made yet. Although arguments regarding appointing a new DoF have been ongoing since Brands walked, both for and against.

Speaking of Brands, as Digne said "Don't believe everything you have read."

For those questioning him (Brands), he always operated with his hands tied, and there was so much external interference (No names given by
For those questioning him (Brands), he always operated with his hands tied, and there was so much external interference (No names given by Q) that he could not act as a DoF truly, from the day he was first appointed.

However, Q did confirm that Brands was one of the 'good guys', who tried and failed to 'fix' the issues within the club. His retort in the famous fan exchange "Is it just the players?" wasn't just a barb aimed at Benitez, but at the whole rotten core of the most senior management (and by inference, the ownership) of the club. Q believes at that point, Brands had already decided to confront Moshiri and the board, with an ultimatum. His way or the highway, and we all saw how that worked out.

Most interestingly to me, the majority of transfers at the club, well over 80% according to Q, during Brands tenure weren't advocated, or welcomed by Brands. Including the signing of Moise Kean... that was apparently thrust on him from on high.

Rather than carry on, the basic synopsis of the rest of the conversation could be summed up by Q's parting thoughts.

These are quite simple really, even if we do maintain EPL status this season, the way the club is being run currently, and without major change, nothing is going to change on the pitch.

"Unless the owner decides he needs professional above-competent guidance, advice or personnel; then the current setup is not fit to run an orgy in a brothel!"

"The current board are dominated by a singular personality."

"As a matter of urgency, the club's financial position needs to be addressed. It is as if the club is existing hand to mouth."

"The only genuine rehabilitation of the club, is by a complete clear out of management of the club, even down to junior management. With all jobs being advertised on the open market, and the best candidates being put forward by the most professional recruitment consultancy. This includes the Chair and CEO roles, especially the CEO! This alongside a new, more prudent, and savvy owner taking over too."

Q is a lifelong Bluenose, and could not believe their luck when they got their job. However since being employed by EFC, they just cannot believe what a 'total shambles' it is. They are surprised that they are still relatively solvent, and that they haven't sunk without trace before this. (EFC that is!)

No club is big enough to fail remember...

I think we all need to reset our expectations to survival, until Moshiri finally decides what he wants to do with his train set, all the while being impeded by 'Bleed you dry Barnacle Bill'.

Heres hoping to a 2022/23 EPL season for EFC, despite the above.

Relegation could have calamitous consequences for the club.

Edit; @ForeverBlue92 - read
Thanks for sharing this on here. Sad reading but fully believe every word.

Recently, I had learnt that an 'associate' of mine, has a very, very good friend who works at EFC, within the Empire itself.

I was greatly surprised when said associate asked if I would care to join them and their friend for lunch yesterday. Of course, I agreed, and we all met at a local hostelry.

Obviously, I can't disclose who the person is, or what job role they have, other than they are middle-management within the Footballing administration side of the organisation. I'll refer to them as Q.

More or less at the start of the conversation, I was invited to ask anything I'd like to by Q, but, an answer could only be provided if it wasn't deemed sensitive by Q.

I started off by asking Q what they thought of the state of the club, and how the season could be saved.

Shockingly, Q replied, that they and a great number of management, think that EFC internally is a 'total shambles'.
There IS a definite 'Us and them' mentality between the pro-BK clique, and the rest. As well as a major issue with a 'little empire' mentality that is rife within EFC.

Apparently, if your face doesn't fit, or you make waves and rock the boat, then you're toast basically. Not to mention, that you're usually questioned by management, if your work doesn't toe the 'party line'; which, in turn makes your job much harder because of constant interference.

QED Chris Perkins, former EFC Head of Academy Recruitment. Apparently he was supported by Brands and Steinsson, but was constantly undermined in his role by other staff within the academy. When Perkins realised that Brands couldn't help (as indeed Brands was being hamstrung within the academy too), he made himself available, and the Spurs moved in for him.

As for the season, Q was quite ambivalent about what may transpire. Obviously Q 'hopes' we stay up for the obvious reasons of job security and EFC maintaining EPL status. Yet, Q also feels that 'if' EFC were relegated, then maybe, but not certainly, change may come about.

One thing Q did say, is that relegation is anathema to the clubs hierarchy, as the loss of revenue and status would more or less doom the immediate future for the club. In other words it would mean the current setup would be financially untenable, or in other words, there would be a financial implosion.

I.e. There would be immense outgoings and debt to service, yet there would be a huge reduction in revenue streams and income. Ergo, most players of any quality would have to be sold, and the club's workforce would have to be radically downsized; but for all that, the hierarchy would probably try and hang onto the reins, and claim only they can get promotion quickly back to the EPL.

There are also 'rumours' within the club that Mr. Moshiri, is currently considering all options for the future of the club... Up to, and including selling the club.

This coincided with listening to Paul the Esk's 'Talking the blues' podcast last night (23.1.22). In which Paul suggested that Moshiri may make a compulsory share purchase option, and buy up all the remaining shares of EFC the private company, which would include the shares owned by Kenwright. This would then obviously give Moshiri absolute control of the club, with no regards for any 'minority' shareholders at all. That thought makes me shudder...

Yet, Q made it clear, that as far as they are aware, the BMD project, is being pushed as hard as it can. I.e. regards finding finance. (NB Don't be surprised if a Russian lender, or organisation that operates in the Oligarch circles, provide the final finances needed.)

Q also mentioned that changes (some major) are going to be made within the footballing system, from the first team, to the Academy (especially!) and USMFF.

When asked about the manger situation; as Q is not privy to the highest echelons of the clubs, Q has heard nothing about a final decision having been made yet. Although arguments regarding appointing a new DoF have been ongoing since Brands walked, both for and against.

For those questioning him (Brands), he always operated with his hands tied, and there was so much external interference (No names given by
For those questioning him (Brands), he always operated with his hands tied, and there was so much external interference (No names given by Q) that he could not act as a DoF truly, from the day he was first appointed.

However, Q did confirm that Brands was one of the 'good guys', who tried and failed to 'fix' the issues within the club. His retort in the famous fan exchange "Is it just the players?" wasn't just a barb aimed at Benitez, but at the whole rotten core of the most senior management (and by inference, the ownership) of the club. Q believes at that point, Brands had already decided to confront Moshiri and the board, with an ultimatum. His way or the highway, and we all saw how that worked out.

Most interestingly to me, the majority of transfers at the club, well over 80% according to Q, during Brands tenure weren't advocated, or welcomed by Brands. Including the signing of Moise Kean... that was apparently thrust on him from on high.

Rather than carry on, the basic synopsis of the rest of the conversation could be summed up by Q's parting thoughts.

These are quite simple really, even if we do maintain EPL status this season, the way the club is being run currently, and without major change, nothing is going to change on the pitch.

"Unless the owner decides he needs professional above-competent guidance, advice or personnel; then the current setup is not fit to run an orgy in a brothel!"

"As a matter of urgency, the club's financial position needs to be addressed. It is as if the club is existing hand to mouth."

"The only genuine rehabilitation of the club, is by a complete clear out of management of the club, even down to junior management. With all jobs being advertised on the open market, and the best candidates being put forward by the most professional recruitment consultancy. This includes the Chair and CEO roles, especially the CEO! This alongside a new, more prudent, and savvy owner taking over too."

Q is a lifelong Bluenose, and could not believe their luck when they got their job. However since being employed by EFC, they just cannot believe what a 'total shambles' it is. They are surprised that they are still relatively solvent, and that they haven't sunk without trace before this. (EFC that is!)

I think we all need to reset our expectations to survival, until Moshiri finally decides what he wants to do with his train set, all the while being impeded by 'Bleed you dry Barnacle Bill'.

Sounds very much like a Sunderland till I Die re boot :(

Never, ever in all the years supporting and following this wonderful Club have I been so disheartened by the manner in which we are being ground down and down.
I take comfort from knowing that there are more important things in life like family, friends, good health but this Club is like an extended part of the family and I despair that I see it going downhill and there is little or nothing I can do about it. Heartbreaking and gut wrenching doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.

He seems to be very fond of people that are ultimately damaging Everton doesn’t he.

Hmmm considering I called Kenwright to go whilst many of the merry men were clapping the fella like seals at GP and for Marcel Brands to be given the boot whilst taking pelters from those calling him "da architect" thats ultimately an incorrect statement right there ^^^

Hmmm considering I called Kenwright to go whilst many of the merry men were clapping the fella like seals at GP and for Marcel Brands to be given the boot whilst taking pelters from those calling him "da architect" thats ultimately an incorrect statement right there ^^^

Well you were fond of Benitez and you’re fond of Moshiri so it’s not an incorrect statement at all is it?

I can definitely believe that a lot of what is said here is true, but i'm a bit sceptical of how much of it is actual fact and how much is just a person's opinion being dressed up as an expose. For someone in 'middle management on the footballing administration side of things' they seem to know a lot about how the board operates, and it's financial position which doesn't really ring true to me from my experiences.

Again, I have no doubt much of it is true but i'm not sure that truth is being revealed from a source of knowledge as much as somebody just filling in the gaps in the same way any of us can.

Is he a snake or just someone who's tried his best and put his faith in the wrong people?

Dont get me wrong if things dont start improving and 2-3 years from now we are walking into BMD with the exact same problems then I'll be calling Moshiri oot like you but from what I've seen in recent weeks he's acknowledged things need to change so im willing to give him time to do it based on his financial commitment to the club.

I hope when that time comes you’ll get on your hands and knees in here and apologise for how embarrassingly wrong you were.

2 people who have had zero input to the current mess we find ourselves in.

RE Brands....signed a bumper new deal and was brought onto the board. So it's either a lie that his "hands were tied" fully or he was another leech on the club that just wanted a payday

As for the cliques with Blue Bill. Unless Mosh and Bill don't see eye to eye...Mosh has the power to fire the chairman doesn't he? If so...why not and control everything?

Too many holes for me. Personally think there's differences of opinion and no mitigation/compromise. End of the day Mosh has final say on how it's ran.

Also...if it was THAT bad...there would resignations or people leaving left right and centre