Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,250 92.3%

• Total voters
Moshiri may sell up at some stage but we are quite some distance away from that.
As he owns over 90% of the club he will determine the timing of his exit.

As we are currently building the new stadium he will likely wait until that is completed, it would probably be difficult to find someone to come in and take over a partially completed project.

The current state of the team and where we sit in the league also would make it a bad time for him to try to sell up.
Agreed, he obviously has no intention of selling up soon and it wouldn't make sense to sell mid stadium build

Caught the end of a twitter spaces which seemed quite lively. Is Moshiri a muppet?!!

I get what he meant, Moshiri may be a multi-billionairre but he's making a bloody mess of running a (our) football club. Also. Can't believe that so many people are appeased because of the email. The club is still run in a bumbling incompetent way. And everyone are raising a glass because FM communicated with us instead of 'ello Jim'.

If he brings in Cannavaro ….

This would be a fairly good indication he isn't learning. I hope this is just newspaper filler or perhaps it's good to keep tabs on the up and coming incase they blow up into something decent. That way you can say we've always admired you etc. If he's seriously being considered for now it is another nail...

Sure but isnt that a plus for just leaving the signings in the hands of a competent manager than some suit with a spreadsheet
That's not the point.... the board's job is to maximise the funds available for the manager with commercial deals and investing in the club's infrastructure. When BK joined our board we could match most of our peers in this regard and our ground was as good as most. For over a ten yr period we had a zero net spend under Moyes because they failed to supply funding and they did nothing to Goodison too when all others were rebuilding. Football was awash with TV money for the first time..... yet we appeared to have none, paying off the people who put BK in place, the paying of silent partners who kept him there. We slowly but surely fell down the financial league and were overtaken. I repeat, what Moyes achieved was despite BK, not because of him. In the meantime he became rich from our club's sale and still stayed Chairman able to squander a sucker's fortune, but without the prudence of a Moyes. He's had his cake and continues to eat it.

That's not the point.... the board's job is to maximise the funds available for the manager with commercial deals and investing in the club's infrastructure. When BK joined our board we could match most of our peers in this regard and our ground was as good as most. For over a ten yr period we had a zero net spend under Moyes because they failed to supply funding and they did nothing to Goodison too when all others were rebuilding. Football was awash with TV money for the first time..... yet we appeared to have none, paying off the people who put BK in place, the paying of silent partners who kept him there. We slowly but surely fell down the financial league and were overtaken. I repeat, what Moyes achieved was despite BK, not because of him. In the meantime he became rich from our club's sale and still stayed Chairman able to squander a sucker's fortune, but without the prudence of a Moyes. He's had his cake and continues to eat it.
All Bill did was buy some shares and sell them at a profit.Thats what you're supposed to do.I've done it myself on a much smaller scale. Without Everton, Bill would still be a relatively rich man because of the success of his actual job in the theatre and movie business. Bill made mistakes when he was running Everton without Moshiri, but eventually he did what he said he'd do which was sell to a guy with a lot more money than him. There is a big argument against the choice of Benitez but the other managers that Mosh/Bill have chosen came with decent reputations. Reputations earned with a better group of players than were/are at Everton. Eventually Benitez may have sorted the club out, but not many on the board or amongst the support would give him the amount of time needed. Football is still a results business.....and you can be a shambles of a club but it won't matter if youre winning. A shambles and a losing run, and theres only one outcome.