Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 8.0%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,236 92.0%

• Total voters
Before this shocking run there was more and more Evertonians quietly warming to him up until the Utd game. Since the watford game and the following results I can’t see him ever winning over the majority of the fanbase .

….no, it was always the case that a large portion of the fan base tolerated him when results were fine. That will also be the case if he turns this abysmal situation around.

i doubt the doubters will ever ‘warm to him’, I certainly won’t but we need some points on the board very soon.

Do they?. You don’t think Kenwright has a say?. You don’t think Brands has a say?. If anything I’m thinking Benitez is one of the last people that have a say.
He picks the teams, selects the tactics has the ability to motivate the players (or not)

Kenwright can’t over rule Moshiri neither can Brands - Brands seems to a large extent to be beholden to whatever players each new manager who come through the doors wants.

Moshiri chooses the manager and to a large extent decides how much money can be spent on players .

He picks the teams, selects the tactics has the ability to motivate the players (or not)

Kenwright can’t over rule Moshiri neither can Brands - Brands seems to be beholden to whatever players each new manager who come through the doors wants.

Moshiri chooses the manager and to a large extent decides how much money can be spent on players .
Those players haven’t been motivated for years.

He also doesn’t have much to choose from considering the majority of our slim squad are crap. But yes, he has got tactics wrong.

And Kenwright and Brands can’t overrule him no, but I still think they all get a say on things they shouldn’t. Moshiri shouldn’t be picking players or managers, this should be Brands job, and since he’s not doing that I don’t understand what he actually does. Or why the hell our DOF is on the board. It’s just bad decision after bad decision with no one learning or having the balls to say to Moshiri will you just STOP.

Kenwright can’t over rule Moshiri neither can Brands - Brands seems to a large extent to be beholden to whatever players each new manager who come through the doors wants.

Think we stink of top heavy interference on pitch side decisions from people who should just should keep playing with abacus.

….no, it was always the case that a large portion of the fan base tolerated him when results were fine. That will also be the case if he turns this abysmal situation around.

i doubt the doubters will ever ‘warm to him’, I certainly won’t but we need some points on the board very soon.
I’m talking about actual conversations i had with people at Brighton ,villa and Utd away. and Burnley home. people who previously were dead against him. A large part of the fan base will never accept him.

Pointless if the same clowns are in charge though

Technically we have changed. We ended up paying players for zero input for years; Bolasie, Sandro, Besic and so on or super high wages; Snids, Siggy, James etc. By clearing the deck I doubt they would just go do the same thing again. We'll have to wait for the evidence of course but I believe we won't go for the run before you can walk version that Moshiri wanted originally. I expect small iteration updates with shorter term or lower wages so we aren't just carrying baggage and under performing players can be shipped out more easily.

Those players haven’t been motivated for years.

He also doesn’t have much to choose from considering the majority of our slim squad are crap. But yes, he has got tactics wrong.

And Kenwright and Brands can’t overrule him no, but I still think they all get a say on things they shouldn’t. Moshiri shouldn’t be picking players or managers, this should be Brands job, and since he’s not doing that I don’t understand what he actually does. Or why the hell our DOF is on the board. It’s just bad decision after bad decision with no one learning or having the balls to say to Moshiri will you just STOP.
Moshiri - will you just STOP

Fixed

I actually think an individual or individuals have robbed Moshiri blind. Fifty million for Tosun and Walcott when Moshiri had already decided he was letting Allardyce go at the end of that season? Has to be a bung in there somewhere right? The Arsenal connections didn't just get us Walcott though, we've also the very odd Iwobi transfer to look at as well.

We bidded against ourselves on Iwobi and Sigurdsson, got our pants pulled down on Gomez and Gbamin...football is full of chancers and I think the parasites have bled Moshiri remorselessly.

I dont understand how they can get everything with the stadium so right and completely mess everything else up . someone get moshiri a copy of football manager for Christmas and let someone else run the club the correct way.
Because the stadium is the important bit for uncle Uzi, that being the case, he has made damned sure that it is being delivered by a separate set of professionals who have the know how to deliver the stadium. The team is Moshiri’s plaything and Uzi, for the most part leaves him to get on with it. The stadium however, is a much more important thing to Usmanov.

I'm starting to come around to the fact that it's most likely him that's been the main issue, to be really honest here.

Yes, he's pumped money into the club and the new stadium being built is honestly a major cornerstone for the club.. but it just feels like a number of high profile calls/mistakes that he's been involved in regarding matters ON the pitch has set us back majorly.

As someone else already said in here - the company he keeps and the people he considers his 'mates' in the industry seem highly questionable at best. Seems too easily influenced by these fluffers, agents included, and the Jim White stuff is honestly a bit embarrassing..
What I term "fiddle fingers". You come a across people in life who just cannot help but fiddle with things.