Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,244 92.2%

• Total voters
No guarantees they come in and do things right. Actually taking into account historical information it's likely to take us further away from where we need to be.

What I will say is changing for the sake of changing is a root cause why we are in a mess. Only if there are people available who have a plan and will create a stable long-term upturn we should act. Perhaps we missed the boat with Rangnick...

I believe there are lots of managers who are better than Benitez. I don't believe there are many worse fits for Everton than a has-been red like Benitez. The fact people are still not willing to accept this after our worst run in 22 years, makes me wonder what on earth is going on.

Changing manager is not a problem. It's 2021 and good teams change manager all the time, it's not a big deal at all. It's totally normal and all the managers sacked already this year were sacked for less than our run of form.

I want Lampard or Potter ideally. I want a long term plan, with no over 25s signed for significant money of say £10m or more. Our only chance is finding the next top manager before they make a name for themselves and are established. The same goes for players. Any more signings of older players past their peak need to only be on low wages and on free transfers. Why was Benitez allowed to sign Townsend and Rondon when our squad was already far too old?

So is this the official plan? Not baiting or anything, I'm just curious as to how it all gets reset? will extra income be "found" from some form of "Sponsorship" will we write down our existing debt and re-start and how does that work and how does the FA view this if it is even possible?

At the end of this season doesnt our debt level drop and with new rules being brought in will that allow bigger spend per income ratio?

as far as Brands and Benitez spending anything we have, then it has to be a firm NO from all concerned surely?

My understanding is we are allowed just over a 100 million loss over a rolling 3 year period (I think covid allowed 2 years to be rolled into 1), so we were restricted as we have made 100 million losses per season leaving us with nothing this year.

We made those losses going in big for Ancelotti and getting the players he wanted so I'm comfortable with that. Now either the rules are going to change or the fact that this year we kept to a minimum + the sale of Richarlison or DCL will allow us to spend heavily again if Moshiri wants to. We'll see at that point what the score is. As I mentioned in a previous reply if you don't want B & B to spend then who can at the club? New managers/dof aren't infallible, least Brands should have learnt from his mistakes by now. If there is a world class option (or just under being more our obtainable level) then great but let's not get say NES in and give him the cash, as that will just be out of the frying pan and into the fire.

I believe there are lots of managers who are better than Benitez. I don't believe there are many worse fits for Everton than a has-been red like Benitez. The fact people are still not willing to accept this after our worst run in 22 years, makes me wonder what on earth is going on.

Changing manager is not a problem. It's 2021 and good teams change manager all the time, it's not a big deal at all. It's totally normal and all the managers sacked already this year were sacked for less than our run of form.

I want Lampard or Potter ideally. I want a long term plan, with no over 25s signed for significant money of say £10m or more. Our only chance is finding the next top manager before they make a name for themselves and are established. The same goes for players. Any more signings of older players past their peak need to only be on low wages and on free transfers. Why was Benitez allowed to sign Townsend and Rondon when our squad was already far too old?

Long term plans are great but only if you get the time, if Potter got these results he would be gone by now as he has zero substance behind him to say I've won this. We probably need to move on from Benitez but while there is a chance for him to carry this flak and get us a foundation of a team first it should be taken. Then someone like a Potter or a.n.other progressive can come in without worrying about being fired because we are that.

Long term plans are great but only if you get the time, if Potter got these results he would be gone by now as he has zero substance behind him to say I've won this. We probably need to move on from Benitez but while there is a chance for him to carry this flak and get us a foundation of a team first it should be taken. Then someone like a Potter or a.n.other progressive can come in without worrying about being fired because we are that.

There is zero chance of anything improving under Benitez because the atmosphere is totally toxic and there is no accountability

There is zero chance of anything improving under Benitez because the atmosphere is totally toxic and there is no accountability
Before this shocking run there was more and more Evertonians quietly warming to him up until the Utd game. Since the watford game and the following results I can’t see him ever winning over the majority of the fanbase .

You're right with the toxic, but that can change with a few results. Whether he gets that far now is a massive question, I was thoroughly in the see 2 years out at all costs to stabilise, now he's got until Leicester if it keeps going like this and really I can see a reason after Palace.

Everyone from Moshiri down is accountable to someone and they will lose their jobs eventually. I think Benitez can do something in January regarding transfers, a couple more like Gray and Townsend would be the beginning of turning over this squad to be more in the image of a good Everton team. Again the problem is he has used up what little good will he had to begin with, so it's on a knife edge if it gets that far.

My understanding is we are allowed just over a 100 million loss over a rolling 3 year period (I think covid allowed 2 years to be rolled into 1), so we were restricted as we have made 100 million losses per season leaving us with nothing this year.

We made those losses going in big for Ancelotti and getting the players he wanted so I'm comfortable with that. Now either the rules are going to change or the fact that this year we kept to a minimum + the sale of Richarlison or DCL will allow us to spend heavily again if Moshiri wants to. We'll see at that point what the score is. As I mentioned in a previous reply if you don't want B & B to spend then who can at the club? New managers/dof aren't infallible, least Brands should have learnt from his mistakes by now. If there is a world class option (or just under being more our obtainable level) then great but let's not get say NES in and give him the cash, as that will just be out of the frying pan and into the fire.
We will sell Richarlison to PSG in January for something like 60-70 million plus and then reinvest in 3 or 4 players (players we hopefully have lined up already). I have no evidence of this, it is purely a gut feel.

Something is lined up though based on Moshiri's confident sounding texts to Jim White. This just seems the most feasible scenario to me...

I also think that spending 1.7mil in the summer was part of the plan to reset the way other teams do transfer business with us. I.e
over the last 5 years it has been "squeeze Everton dry for our average player - they are loaded".

Now post 1.7 mil spend, we should be, "please take our 20mill for that player - we can't go any higher as we really haven't got a pot to piss in". Hopefully we have used this angle to do some deals already for Jan...

Inappropriate Language
Sacking him would be the most knee jerk self destructive thing Everton could do. If they do that, I don't want feel like following our games again until Moshiri sells or Baxendale and Brands are sacked.

Can you imagine the pressure the next manager would be under to get results from this crop of dead wood?

Moshiri's statement recently backing him was extremely immature. How can he be so sure that the results in next 2 weeks would be better? Is he expecting a returning DCL to score braces 1st game back?

Richy was [Poor language removed] last season and he is [Poor language removed] again in blue while he excels in Brazilian colours. Digne has been utter [Poor language removed] past 2 seasons, no more FKs, no more crosses, Keane is a spineless CB, Seamus is past expiry, the bench is full of championship/league 1 material.

I'm starting to come around to the fact that it's most likely him that's been the main issue, to be really honest here.

Yes, he's pumped money into the club and the new stadium being built is honestly a major cornerstone for the club.. but it just feels like a number of high profile calls/mistakes that he's been involved in regarding matters ON the pitch has set us back majorly.

As someone else already said in here - the company he keeps and the people he considers his 'mates' in the industry seem highly questionable at best. Seems too easily influenced by these fluffers, agents included, and the Jim White stuff is honestly a bit embarrassing..

I dont understand how they can get everything with the stadium so right and completely mess everything else up . someone get moshiri a copy of football manager for Christmas and let someone else run the club the correct way.

The problem is everyone. To many wheels are turning at the club and to many people have a decision on things. We have a squad made up of 4/5 managers players, DOF Players, Moshiri’s players, and whoever else on the board wanted to buy. Moshiri seems to just be overruling everyone at the club and Brands has just been locked in a box. What’s the point n a DOF if your not going to give him control?. Sacking Benitiez won’t fix a single thing while this clown has a say on things. It will just be full circle and we will be back here slating another manager.

The problem is everyone. To many wheels are turning at the club and to many people have a decision on things. We have a squad made up of 4/5 managers players, DOF Players, Moshiri’s players, and whoever else on the board wanted to buy. Moshiri seems to just be overruling everyone at the club and Brands has just been locked in a box. What’s the point n a DOF if your not going to give him control?. Sacking Benitiez won’t fix a single thing while this clown has a say on things. It will just be full circle and we will be back here slating another manager.
Moshiri also seems quite a vindictive character - in fact I would say bringing in and now refusing to sack Benitez was possibly done as a statement to the fans who he has called disruptive and out of control on at least a couple of occasions.